Lets have another holiday thread to brighten us up.....where will you (hopefully) be going ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Dave7

Dave7

Legendary Member
They say if you have a bad experience you tell 7 people for every 1 you tell about a good one. All year long I've been trying to be the exception to this 'rule'.

last March we had a 3 week trip to Mexico all bought and paid for. Trailfinders were brilliant. when we first started to have doubts they quickly informed us it wasn't going to happen and offered us the choice of our money back or them holding it. We banked it thanks. Apparently, unlike many travel firms they don't exist on cash flow and your monies are safe.

When we feel it's safe to travel long distance again, guess who we'll book with?

This year have (refundable) reservations in Llandudno July and Cornwall October. Fingers crossed there'll be others.
If its not too nosy a question........are you staying in a hotel in Llandudno? If so, which one.
We have been checking them out. We want
Walking distance to the Orme and the Pier.
Good quality
On site parking
Struggled a bit tbh

Chap sur le velo

Über Member
If its not too nosy a question........are you staying in a hotel in Llandudno? If so, which one.
We have been checking them out. We want
Walking distance to the Orme and the Pier.
Good quality
On site parking
Struggled a bit tbh

Have pushed the boat out and are taking the Daughter and Dog to a self catering cottage just outside town.

Having had 8 cruises during the last 6 years, and some with family in Spain, we’ve decided to forego any foreign trip this year, and probably next too.
Partly Brexit, but definitely COVID being the reasons.
We have local cycle routes, sea and countryside all local to us, so we’ll enjoy the warming English weather here in the garden and within a days travel, all on bikes or in the car.
Our home will be our base throughout.
775E8B0E-11DC-46FE-8440-D2804B745DB4.jpeg

990E519E-F876-4FA7-940C-091665BC3816.jpeg

A88DD0E4-485A-46BE-8930-1A771F723E36.jpeg
F6356A34-99AC-4C2F-A557-2677464AFF91.jpeg

All are within a radius of 15 miles.
Good luck to you if you do travel, almost nothing can beat it, except your health!

Last edited:

GrandadRob

We did loads of research re holiday cancellation for all reasons. I have to say if you have an expensive overseas holiday. Trailfinders money back guarantees are almost impossible to beat. For UK ones, Booking.com are great, no down payments, and cancellation with no fee much nearer the time, but watch because cancellation dates vary. Also Premier Inn offer good last minute free cancellations. In these troubled times I think you always need a good bailout option.

We’ve got two stays booked this year at our favourite holiday cottage in Speyside, in June and October. I’m confident of being able to take the October one, less so the one in June. We were booked in the same place in June last year and weren’t allowed to go, I fear for the same this year.
Other than that, we would hope for a couple of UK midweek mini-breaks, but only once we have the vaccine, after August. There’s no way I would stay in a hotel or even call in at a motorway service station before we have the vaccine.

wormo

Guru
Booked 10 nights in fuerteventura in September more in hope than an expectation that it will happen.

postman

Legendary Member
I doubt if we will be going abroad in 2021.But if we could,it would be Calan Bosch Menorca in a villa.It is a lovely quiet place family orientated.No groups or packs of lads lasses.So wonderful.This covid will be defeated and things back near to normal hopefully.I hope so anyway.

gavgav

Guru
I’ll settle for enjoying our caravan up in North Wales, for a longer period than we could last year, and a bonus will be getting to the Lake District, to enjoy our favourite pubs and things without worrying about catching something that could end everything.

OP
OP
Dave7

Dave7

Legendary Member
I’ll settle for enjoying our caravan up in North Wales, for a longer period than we could last year, and a bonus will be getting to the Lake District, to enjoy our favourite pubs and things without worrying about catching something that could end everything.
If I may ask, which part of north Wales is that ??

Top Bottom