1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Let's play double ups

Discussion in 'Touring and Expedition' started by Bigtallfatbloke, 7 Jul 2007.

1. Bigtallfatbloke

Bigtallfatbloke New Member

I'll kick off....

:rolleyes: Take a length of strong nylon string/rope, doubles up as a washing line and to tie your bike to your foot/tent at night.

...your go.... :blush: :thumbsup:

2. Brock

Brock Senior Member

:blush: Take a pair of those plastic 'croc' type clog shoe things. Great to slop about the campsite, weigh next to nothing and double up as a shower proof verruca avoidance system in those iffy campsite washrooms.

3. Bigtallfatbloke

..take a unicycle...one wheel doubles as two? :blush:

4. redfox

redfox New Member

Pannier/Pillow

5. Bigtallfatbloke

ok this is one I am going to try...

...I am going to cut my tarp tent footprint /ground sheet protection a little bigger(fold it double)...that way i can use th eextra bit to cover my bike at night next to the tent. I will also add some ties to the rivet holes (its a cheap B&Q tarp) so that if it's a really mild night and I need to 'wild camp' inconspicuously I could simply use the tarp as a bivvy bag instead of erecting the tent for a few hours kip.

I am also not taking a torch for the campsite...my front light is good enough.

I rtead that some people use a water bottle as a tool kit Or high vis vest holder...I guess they dont drink as much as I do though :blush:

6. piedwagtail91

piedwagtail91 Über Member

when camping take a strong rubber band, the ones you can get as replacements for pegging out points your tent. slip it over the "push down" type taps in the basins in the washrooms/ washing up sinks. saves having to lean on the tap.

7. Bigtallfatbloke

..how about this one..

toothbrush cleans both teeth and the chain :blush: :rolleyes: .....also good for cyclists with more than two teeth :thumbsup: :laugh:

8. Brock

Brock Senior Member

Barends make wonderful carrier bag holders for you shopping!
    Picture
    (if you don't mind the almost certain consequence of injurious accident)

9. Brock

Brock Senior Member

Oh.. And this one speaks for itself: bicycle/washing line prop! But can you spot the cheap shower cap doubling up in another useful role?
    Picture

10. Sore Thumb

Sore Thumb Veteran

I have invented a spoon and fork and when doubled up its a spork. Titanium to, very nice.

11. Sore Thumb

Sore Thumb Veteran

An old sock which also can double up a drinks cooler. A little trick I learned in the desert in Iraq.

12. Dirty T shirt / towel.
    Saucepan / bowl.

13. Maggot

Maggot Star of BBC 5Lives Ballot Box Brigade

Take a squash ball, they work as a plug in all but the most enormous plug holes, you can also play squash with it :blush:

14. TheDoctor

TheDoctor Man-Machine

Dental floss makes good sewing thread. Probably doesn't make a good clothesline. Or guy rope.

15. sloe

sloe New Member