Let's play double ups

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bigtallfatbloke

I'll kick off....

:rolleyes: Take a length of strong nylon string/rope, doubles up as a washing line and to tie your bike to your foot/tent at night.

...your go.... :blush: :thumbsup:

Brock

:blush: Take a pair of those plastic 'croc' type clog shoe things. Great to slop about the campsite, weigh next to nothing and double up as a shower proof verruca avoidance system in those iffy campsite washrooms.

OP
OP
Bigtallfatbloke

Bigtallfatbloke

ok this is one I am going to try...

...I am going to cut my tarp tent footprint /ground sheet protection a little bigger(fold it double)...that way i can use th eextra bit to cover my bike at night next to the tent. I will also add some ties to the rivet holes (its a cheap B&Q tarp) so that if it's a really mild night and I need to 'wild camp' inconspicuously I could simply use the tarp as a bivvy bag instead of erecting the tent for a few hours kip.

I am also not taking a torch for the campsite...my front light is good enough.

I rtead that some people use a water bottle as a tool kit Or high vis vest holder...I guess they dont drink as much as I do though :blush:

when camping take a strong rubber band, the ones you can get as replacements for pegging out points your tent. slip it over the "push down" type taps in the basins in the washrooms/ washing up sinks. saves having to lean on the tap.

OP
OP
Bigtallfatbloke

Bigtallfatbloke

..how about this one..

toothbrush cleans both teeth and the chain :blush: :rolleyes: .....also good for cyclists with more than two teeth :thumbsup: :laugh:

Brock

Barends make wonderful carrier bag holders for you shopping!
Picture
(if you don't mind the almost certain consequence of injurious accident)

Brock

Oh.. And this one speaks for itself: bicycle/washing line prop! But can you spot the cheap shower cap doubling up in another useful role?
Picture

OP
OP
Bigtallfatbloke

Bigtallfatbloke

use the safty pins from your first aid kit as clothes pegs on a line...lighter than carrying pegs by at least 0.000000045679 of a gram :?:

Top Bottom