Lets see those full cooked brekkies

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

theclaud

Openly Marxist
They're apparently either just referred to as potato cakes, or the more romantic teisennau tatws.
No one says that - in South Wales at least. Sadly I don't think they are popular down here. The plus side is that I get dozens from the supermarket reduced to about 30p a packet, and stick them in the freezer. Blasus iawn.

In days of yore (pre Covid) we often found ourselves in touristy places, and I made it my priority to track down the best Full English in the locale. One place had a comprehensive brekkie menu, starting from the lightweight excuse of a full Monty, all the way up to what they called a 'Gut Buster'. I managed the lesser 'big breakfast' on several occasions, but the summit was never reached. I think if you starved yourself the whole of the previous day, you might have been a worthy contender. I did a search to see if I could include a copy of their menu here, but alas they appear to have folded - shame.

theclaud

Openly Marxist
No one says that - in South Wales at least. Sadly I don't think they are popular down here. The plus side is that I get dozens from the supermarket reduced to about 30p a packet, and stick them in the freezer. Blasus iawn.
Come to think of it, I doubt they say it in the north either. The other word for cake is cacen, which I've always disliked as it sounds a bit, well... scatological.

I don’t get black pudding, it’s blood with suet and oatmeal mixed in, it just sounds disgusting, white pudding isn’t much better except instead of blood it is bone marrow.

I personally don’t like beans or mushrooms or a whole tomato on account of not liking the textures so I struggle to get a FEB which to me is fried eggs,deep fried bread, hash browns, bacon, sausage and tomato sauce.

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
Come to think of it, I doubt they say it in the north either. The other word for cake is cacen, which I've always disliked as it sounds a bit, well... scatological.
Yeah it was only what I'd picked up from half hearted Internet research as Jowwy didn't know and I wondered, it is always good to hear from someone locally who knows.

OP
OP
J

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
See thread title.
Thats right my thread title of a about 6 months ago….and since when do people like you, do what the thread title says??? Oh thats right never….

i mean i cant see a picture of your full cooked breakfast with the above post…..and the thread title says lets see them

theclaud

Openly Marxist
Thats right my thread title of a about 6 months ago….and since when do people like you, do what the thread title says??? Oh thats right never….

i mean i cant see a picture of your full cooked breakfast with the above post…..and the thread title says lets see them

View: https://youtu.be/Dkk9gvTmCXY

Right well I'm all for lax rules - I was merely pointing out the obvious. As it happens I've been veering away from the full fry-up for a while anyway. My weekend breakfast these days is more likely to look something like this...

figbat

Slippery scientist
Tomatoes of any kind can do one - it’s a fried breakfast, not a salad.
Beans are essential as a moistening agent across the plate.
Eggs - can’t stand fried ones (or boiled or poached) so it’s scrambled for me. I recognise that the fried egg is de riguer but try as I might I just can’t like them.
Inspired by this thread we‘re having all day breakfast for tea tonight. Cycled down to the farm shop earlier to pick up bacon, sausages, eggs and mushrooms. Don’t like it? Don’t eat it!

Top Bottom