Lets see those full cooked brekkies

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
God I love black pudding, a full breakfast is never quite the same or complete once you've got into the Irish / Scottish habit of black or white pudding with your breakfast.
In fact I can do away with most of the other breakfast items so long as the plate has tattie scone / potato farl, eggs and black pudding at a minimum. Everything else is just along for the ride or making up the numbers.

OP
OP
J

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
Can a guy who starts a light-hearted thread get into the spirit of his own thread ^_^

Waffles - too close to children's food, even if comprised of potato - I mean, a triangle's a bit avante-garde fgs!
The spirit of the thread, would be adding pictures of your own cooked breakfasts and not adding rules and criticising others for what they post…….thats what i see as the spirit of a thread.

Not derailing by adding abitury rules of what should be on said breakfast. Cant we just enjoy the pictures and salavate over some one eleses choices……

OP
OP
J

jowwy

God I love black pudding, a full breakfast is never quite the same or complete once you've got into the Irish / Scottish habit of black or white pudding with your breakfast.
In fact I can do away with most of the other breakfast items so long as the plate has tattie scone / potato farl, eggs and black pudding at a minimum. Everything else is just along for the ride or making up the numbers.
Whats a potato farl???

Bonefish Blues

Banging donk
My irreducible ingredient is tomato
The spirit of the thread, would be adding pictures of your own cooked breakfasts and not adding rules and criticising others for what they post…….thats what i see as the spirit of a thread.

Not derailing by adding abitury rules of what should be on said breakfast. Cant we just enjoy the pictures and salavate over some one eleses choices……
Fair enough, enjoy your thread 😊

CanucksTraveller

Whats a potato farl???
Just the Irish name for that mixture of mashed potato and flour which is then griddled as a flat cake. The Scots call it a tattie/ potato scone, the northern English call it a potato cake. What's it called in Wales? I'm sure you must have it there being celtic but I've not heard a Welsh name for it somehow!

OP
OP
J

jowwy

Just the Irish name for that mixture of mashed potato and flour which is then griddled as a flat cake. The Scots call it a tattie/ potato scone, the northern English call it a potato cake. What's it called in Wales? I'm sure you must have it there being celtic but I've not heard a Welsh name for it somehow!
Tbh ive never had one, so not really sure what the welsh name for one would be

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
A FEB comprises:

Core ingredients
Egg, fried
Bacon
Sausage
Tomato - fresh or tinned plum
Bread, fried or toasted - must have started life as white and be sliced/sliceable

Options
Black pudding
Hash brown
Mushrooms

Wrong things
Beans
Eggs, any version other than fried
Anything green
Beans again - Satan's semen
Any other bread than sliced white bread
Children's food - I'm looking at you, waffles

Sauce, if applied, is brown, not red (red is for children)
Piling of food is not acceptable - this is not some fancy restaurant, we deal in discrete ingredients, to be mixed later, as desired
Regional variations are available

Those are the rules 😊
Other than the highlighted, which is clearly a typo as nobody in their right mind would consider fresh tomato, you're pretty well spot on

The bread must be as plastic as possible, Warburtons thick white sliced ideally

CanucksTraveller

Tbh ive never had one, so not really sure what the welsh name for one would be
I had to do some research as it was bugging me not knowing, the Welsh do eat them apparently but not as widely as the other areas. They're apparently either just referred to as potato cakes, or the more romantic teisennau tatws.
The latter phrase appearing to be rich in anagram tomfoolery possibilities.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
The obvious starting place is those beans & mini sausages... they really are one of the lowest forms of processed meat. You've slightly redeemed yourself by adding some proper sausages. :whistle:
Bacon medallions? :wacko:
No mushrooms and/or black pudding means it's not a 'full' breakfast by any stretch of the imagination. :rolleyes:
Even my own pictured breakfast isn't 'full' due to the lack of beans :blush:

@potsy... Hash browns belong only on a vege/vegan breakfast :okay:

OP
OP
J

jowwy

The obvious starting place is those beans & mini sausages... they really are one of the lowest forms of processed meat. You've slightly redeemed yourself by adding some proper sausages. :whistle:
Bacon medallions? :wacko:
No mushrooms and/or black pudding means it's not a 'full' breakfast by any stretch of the imagination. :rolleyes:
Even my own pictured breakfast isn't 'full' due to the lack of beans :blush:

@potsy... Hash browns belong only on a vege/vegan breakfast :okay:
1. I never said it was a full breakfast
2. there are no bacon medallions on the plate ( need to go to specsavers)
3. Beans and sausage in a can is not about the meat content, but the added flavour to the beans
4. Black pudding is disgusting and should never adourn the plate of any meal, never alone a cooked breakfast….

5. a full cook breakfast is what ever some one wants it to be, in the words of a michelin starred chef “ food has no rules, you can do whatever suites you and your pallette and no one can say otherwise”

hope this helps …..if it doesnt a revert back to No.1

Sittingduck

Legendary Member
Couple of things I can't let slide...
Sausage & beans in a can are pro
Beans and seperate proper sausages are pro

The two mixed are lunacy. Just sayin'

edit: and as for potato waffles...
less breakfast more n00bfest

Top Bottom