Let's talk about the weather

NigC

It's what we Brits do best anyway! :sad:

I'm absolutely delighted that, having paid my du's to the [insert preferred diety here] of Winter (and BOY have I got in some good credit there), the Spring has finally started and I have been able to enjoy my cycle/walk to work and back for the last 2 weeks :smile:

After this last Winter, which looked like it would never end, I think we all deserve a drop of the good stuff (sunshine) on our journeys - hope you're all feeling the benefit :smile:

I honestly think we had a great winter. There was a period of snow of course, but apart from that it has been unusually dry, and importantly, it hasn't been too windy.

I can't remember if it was the winter of 2008/2009 or the one before that, but that was a killer with almost constant strong winds and rain! :sad:

OP
N

NigC

magnatom said:
I honestly think we had a great winter. There was a period of snow of course, but apart from that it has been unusually dry, and importantly, it hasn't been too windy.

I can't remember if it was the winter of 2008/2009 or the one before that, but that was a killer with almost constant strong winds and rain! :smile:
For me, the rain we had this winter was awful :sad: It seemed like at least one journey everyday was wet. The snow was a pain too, but as I often walk, this just made it more interesting and a little longer than usual (I didn't venture into the snow on the bike).

But I must admit, the wind was fairly calm most of the time :smile: I'd rather have a wet ride than a windy one!

NigC said:
For me, the rain we had this winter was awful :sad: It seemed like at least one journey everyday was wet. The snow was a pain too, but as I often walk, this just made it more interesting and a little longer than usual (I didn't venture into the snow on the bike).

But I must admit, the wind was fairly calm most of the time :smile: I'd rather have a wet ride than a windy one!

I think it has been unusually dry here in Glasgow. Makes a nice change! :smile:

Downward

Veteran
Good weather ? It might be sunny but theres a real cold wind here. Not in shorts yet.

Norm

Lovely weather, although I did get excessively English about it on Sunday.

I rode past a lady of a certain age and bid her a pleasant afternoon, she responded with "Lovely weather, isn't it."

My reply was "It's a bit warm!"

WTF! It's April, the sun is out, the skies are blue, I've done 30-odd miles in t shirt and shorts and I'm complaining that it's a bit bloody warm. What a miserable git, eh. If I wasn't wearing a helmet, I would have stopped to bang my numbskull head against the nearest wall.

I spent today building a shed. It was glorious.

BrumJim

Forum Stalwart (won't take the hint and leave...)
Lots of static.

On the other hand - lovely, sunny and cool - perfect cycling weather and then some. Knocked 1min45s of my best commuting time this morning (~20 mins), and averaged almost 19mile/h. Wind behind me. Is this as good as it gets?

OP
N

NigC

BrumJim said:
Lots of static.

On the other hand - lovely, sunny and cool - perfect cycling weather and then some. Knocked 1min45s of my best commuting time this morning (~20 mins), and averaged almost 19mile/h. Wind behind me. Is this as good as it gets?
It's good until you go the other way :tongue:

And while we're on the subject, why is it that 90% of cycle journeys are wind against? :biggrin::angry::biggrin::biggrin:

Top Bottom