Let's talk about the weather

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

NigC

It's what we Brits do best anyway! :sad:

I'm absolutely delighted that, having paid my du's to the [insert preferred diety here] of Winter (and BOY have I got in some good credit there), the Spring has finally started and I have been able to enjoy my cycle/walk to work and back for the last 2 weeks :smile:

After this last Winter, which looked like it would never end, I think we all deserve a drop of the good stuff (sunshine) on our journeys - hope you're all feeling the benefit :smile:

I honestly think we had a great winter. There was a period of snow of course, but apart from that it has been unusually dry, and importantly, it hasn't been too windy.

I can't remember if it was the winter of 2008/2009 or the one before that, but that was a killer with almost constant strong winds and rain! :sad:

OP
OP
N

NigC

magnatom said:
I honestly think we had a great winter. There was a period of snow of course, but apart from that it has been unusually dry, and importantly, it hasn't been too windy.

I can't remember if it was the winter of 2008/2009 or the one before that, but that was a killer with almost constant strong winds and rain! :smile:

For me, the rain we had this winter was awful :sad: It seemed like at least one journey everyday was wet. The snow was a pain too, but as I often walk, this just made it more interesting and a little longer than usual (I didn't venture into the snow on the bike).

But I must admit, the wind was fairly calm most of the time :smile: I'd rather have a wet ride than a windy one!

NigC said:
For me, the rain we had this winter was awful :sad: It seemed like at least one journey everyday was wet. The snow was a pain too, but as I often walk, this just made it more interesting and a little longer than usual (I didn't venture into the snow on the bike).

But I must admit, the wind was fairly calm most of the time :smile: I'd rather have a wet ride than a windy one!

I think it has been unusually dry here in Glasgow. Makes a nice change! :smile:

Downward

Guru
Good weather ? It might be sunny but theres a real cold wind here. Not in shorts yet.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
WTF...ICE on the car this morning...I'm back off to get stuck in Turkey again...FFS......

3C on the car...10C at lunch....... argh.................

Norm

Lovely weather, although I did get excessively English about it on Sunday.

I rode past a lady of a certain age and bid her a pleasant afternoon, she responded with "Lovely weather, isn't it."

My reply was "It's a bit warm!"

WTF! It's April, the sun is out, the skies are blue, I've done 30-odd miles in t shirt and shorts and I'm complaining that it's a bit bloody warm. What a miserable git, eh. If I wasn't wearing a helmet, I would have stopped to bang my numbskull head against the nearest wall.

I spent today building a shed. It was glorious.

BrumJim

Forum Stalwart (won't take the hint and leave...)
Lots of static.

On the other hand - lovely, sunny and cool - perfect cycling weather and then some. Knocked 1min45s of my best commuting time this morning (~20 mins), and averaged almost 19mile/h. Wind behind me. Is this as good as it gets?

OP
OP
N

NigC

BrumJim said:
Lots of static.

On the other hand - lovely, sunny and cool - perfect cycling weather and then some. Knocked 1min45s of my best commuting time this morning (~20 mins), and averaged almost 19mile/h. Wind behind me. Is this as good as it gets?

It's good until you go the other way :tongue:

And while we're on the subject, why is it that 90% of cycle journeys are wind against? :biggrin::angry::biggrin::biggrin:

Top Bottom