Letting neighbours kid borrow lads old bike ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Neightbours kid who my son play with although he is a bit violent and only wants to play if no one else to play with and in the past we have lost loads of balls, damaged out trampoline etc but we only ever here about it afterwards so too late to stop him .
Anyway he keeps wanting to ride my lads old bike which is too small for him , apparently he has his own bike but its in their shed or he hasnt got a bike anymore depending on the story of the day .
I have told my son his "friend " cannot borrow it anymore as it always comes back a bit more scratched or just dumped outside for anyone to walk off with .
Am i being unreasonable ?

EDIT , just turned up on a bike so yes hes got his own........

Last edited:

midlife

Guru
Nope. Couldn't think of anything else to type.....

TVC

Tell him you sold it, then sell it, or give it to someone who will appreciate it.

+1 to all the other replies

You are also not doing a favour to the kid if you let him use the bike. He needs to learn that actions have consequences, and it seems his parents aren't teaching that. The you-can't-borrow-this-bike-so-you-have-to-ride-your-own is such a low stakes consequence, that it's a good place to give him that lesson.

Otherwise he's going to have a hard lesson sometime in his teens, that could end up with him dead or injured or in jail.

OP
OP
cyberknight

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Because girls only ride pink bikes????

My youngest had her 5th birthday. She sat there surrounded by presents from her party when my parents came around.

"I see your favourite colour is pink then??"

"No" She replied
Because she like pink , nothing to do with me or peer pressure .She wants pink butterfly wallpaper and shes 5 too .

Because she like pink , nothing to do with me or peer pressure .She wants pink butterfly wallpaper and shes 5 too .
I'd love to know how you can extract that. So much stuff my 5yo gets, from school, presents, TV, books is pink pink pink. To say it has no influence is hard to imagine.

Top Bottom