Lezyene Pre Glued Patches

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
They stick like limpets. I tried to get one off the other day. No chance.

AndyRM

XOXO
I'm not convinced by them, though circumstances may have played a part - it was bloody freezing so either the glue was knackered or I stuck it on wrong because my hands weren't working properly.

New tube every time for me. Quicker and easier I reckon, both to fit at the roadside and to repair the punctured one at home.

dave pp

Are they just a quick fix/get you home measure? If you've got
the wheel out and tyre off you may as well put a new tube in and fix the puncture when you get back?

Tojo

Über Member
Are they just a quick fix/get you home measure? If you've got
the wheel out and tyre off you may as well put a new tube in and fix the puncture when you get back?

I've used them for ages on the whole I don't find them to be just a quick fix, I tend to repair when out using the pre glued patches and keep my new spare tube in the bag. especially when its the Farmers and hedge season......:cursing:

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
Ive had a couple fail when the tyre has been deflated and then reinflated . The result was a slow leak coming from the patch .

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
I've tried to use the Park Tools ones in the past and they don't stick at all.

Which is funny as I use Park Tools patches and haven't had one fail yet. One patch on the inner on my commute bike is near 2 years old and still holding. It's all in the application.

w00hoo_kent

One of the 64K
I use and forget, although my tendency is to repair the puncture by the road side and replace with a new tube anyway. I guess the thinking is that while I have it in front of me I might just as well make sure I still have a spare and next time I need it the conditions might not be so good and I'll thank myself for the preparation. Or I just haven't really thought it through.

I failed to use them properly to start off with, but once I got the hang of the whole 'hold 'em tight for 30 seconds to stick them all down' bit I've not had a failure.

potsy

Rambler
Would never go back to the 'old' method now, so much easier and less faffing about.

I use the Park ones though do have some of the Lezyne's but haven't used any yet.

TheJDog

dingo's kidneys
Which is funny as I use Park Tools patches and haven't had one fail yet. One patch on the inner on my commute bike is near 2 years old and still holding. It's all in the application.

I don't know what else I could have done. Cleaned and dried the tube. Then weighted the patch overnight. Still popped off as soon as I stuck some air in it.

Top Bottom