Lezyene Pre Glued Patches

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
[QUOTE="w00hoo_kent, post: 3608688, member: 36674"
I failed to use them properly to start off with, but once I got the hang of the whole 'hold 'em tight for 30 seconds to stick them all down' bit I've not had a failure.[/QUOTE]

^^ This is the key to successful use of pre-glues patches.

ANT 666

Trying to re member
I had some park patches for about a year before i needed to use them then they were no good, would not stick. as i bought them as a last resort (I always carry at least 2 tubes) I was not impressed. Can't see the point of having them if after a certain amount of time they give up, just a waste of cash.

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
As long as you roughen the tube I have found Lezyne patches 100% reliable. Holding 120psi for ages..
Not just a "get you home" repair... a permanent repair.

I was once misled into buying some Evans own brand patches which er, weren't a patch on the Lezyne ones.

so what did I do wrong? Patch held for 3 days and about 500km (audax) at 120psi. I'm pretty sure I roughened it, and stuck it under a table leg for a few minutes to make it hold. Bubble was raised under the patch when I examined it, and it peeled off cleanly with some effort. Hole was a 2 or 3mm slit in tube. Patch failed while bike was hanging from a hook, 9 hours after last ride.

Repatch or bin?

Top Bottom