Liège-Bastogne-Liège

Discussion in 'Pro Cycling (Road and Track Racing)' started by DP, 25 Apr 2010.

1. Flying_Monkey

Flying_Monkey Toll Collector on the Road to Nowhere

I didn't see this at all... and I share the disappointment. I don't think Vino or Valverde should be racing.

2. Hont

Hont Veteran

+1

3. Flying_Monkey

4. Keith Oates

Keith Oates Janner

I would hope so FM, but no doubt he has some more 'smart' lawyers lined up to try and wriggle out of the WW ban!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5. rich p

rich p ridiculous old lush

Interestingly Vino doesn't seem to deny his malpractice now if you read between the lines of his latest interviews. He just says that he should be allowed some credibility now that he's done his time and had numerous random tests. You takes your choice etc..

The quote I found amusing was -

"I don't want to be the only and too easy target for all the ills of cycling"

Don't worry, Vino, you're not! Ricco, Basso and Valv.piti have stepped up to the plate!

6. NickM

NickM Veteran

"Appears" being the operative word, always remembering that his sister is a PR slimebag works in the PR "profession" :biggrin:

7. ColinJ

ColinJ It's a puzzle ...

Well, at least Millar's 'comeback' is believable - i.e. he didn't immediately start performing at the same level as before his ban! With Vinokourov, it is as though he's never been away... :biggrin:

8. Hont

Hont Veteran

9. Flying_Monkey

Yeah, but he's been more than just repentant, he's been active in speaking out against the 'omerta' in cycling and in educating others about PEDs. He didn't have to do any of that and it's not as if he's running for office.

10. Skip Madness

Skip Madness New Member

11. lukesdad

lukesdad Guest

Millar s the same they ve all cheated and should be banned for life full stop.

12. mangaman

mangaman Guest

Has he really though FM.

He says he has, but I'll bet he could name large numbers of riders who are currently doping / work with WADA or whoever, to tip them off how the riders' mask doping.

Unless I've missed something he's just pronounced himself anti-doping since his comeback but not done anything tangible?

I do agree his results since his return seem to reflect his natural talent, which may or may not mean he's now clean.

He's a great rider to watch, I think, especially in TTs and he hasn't come back and won one of the "Monuments" straight away like Vino ;)

13. NickM

NickM Veteran

He's still a whiny git, and I still don't like him :smile:

14. raindog

raindog er.....

Can't remember Millar ever whining - when was that?

15. NickM

NickM Veteran

Every time he opens his mouth?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice