Liège-Bastogne-Liège

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Hont

Guru
mangaman said:
Very depressing :sad:

+1

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Interestingly Vino doesn't seem to deny his malpractice now if you read between the lines of his latest interviews. He just says that he should be allowed some credibility now that he's done his time and had numerous random tests. You takes your choice etc..

The quote I found amusing was -

"I don't want to be the only and too easy target for all the ills of cycling"

Don't worry, Vino, you're not! Ricco, Basso and Valv.piti have stepped up to the plate!

NickM

Veteran
ColinJ said:
Millar (eventually) admitted what he'd done and appears to be genuinely sorry and trying to make amends...
"Appears" being the operative word, always remembering that his sister is a PR slimebag works in the PR "profession" :biggrin:

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
NickM said:
"Appears" being the operative word, always remembering that his sister is a PR slimebag works in the PR "profession" :smile:
Well, at least Millar's 'comeback' is believable - i.e. he didn't immediately start performing at the same level as before his ban! With Vinokourov, it is as though he's never been away... :biggrin:

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
NickM said:
"Appears" being the operative word, always remembering that his sister is a PR slimebag works in the PR "profession" :tongue:

Yeah, but he's been more than just repentant, he's been active in speaking out against the 'omerta' in cycling and in educating others about PEDs. He didn't have to do any of that and it's not as if he's running for office.

mangaman

Flying_Monkey said:
Yeah, but he's been more than just repentant, he's been active in speaking out against the 'omerta' in cycling and in educating others about PEDs. He didn't have to do any of that and it's not as if he's running for office.

Has he really though FM.

He says he has, but I'll bet he could name large numbers of riders who are currently doping / work with WADA or whoever, to tip them off how the riders' mask doping.

Unless I've missed something he's just pronounced himself anti-doping since his comeback but not done anything tangible?

I do agree his results since his return seem to reflect his natural talent, which may or may not mean he's now clean.

He's a great rider to watch, I think, especially in TTs and he hasn't come back and won one of the "Monuments" straight away like Vino ;)

Top Bottom