licking your dinner plate

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

andylaw79

Über Member
accountantpete said:
I wish I had the will-power to resist, 3BM - I really do:blush:

So do I. It's usually only noodles left in the morning and they're not so goodxx(

XmisterIS

Purveyor of fine nonsense
I *always* lick my plate!

Especially at very formal dinners, I'll pick it up with both hands and give it a damn good licking while giggling and peeking over the rim like a loon ...

XmisterIS said:
I *always* lick my plate!

Especially at very formal dinners, I'll pick it up with both hands and give it a damn good licking while giggling and peeking over the rim like a loon ...

I haven't tried that one at very formal dinners as my hands are usually too greasy from chewing and sucking at the lamb chops.

Speck

Oldest Teenager In Town
gary r said:
disgusting i know, but my dinner tonight was that good i had to pick my plate up (when no one was looking):smile:

Can Cold Water Clean Dishes?
This is for all the germ conscious folks that worry about using cold water to clean.
John went to visit his 90 year old grandfather in a very secluded, rural area of Saskatchewan .
After spending a great evening chatting the night away, the next morning John's grandfather prepared breakfast of bacon, eggs and toast.
However, John noticed a film like substance on his plate, and questioned his grandfather asking,
'Are these plates clean?' His grandfather replied,
'They're as clean as cold water can get em. Just you go ahead and finish your meal, Sonny!'
For lunch the old man made hamburgers. Again, John was concerned about the plates, as his appeared to have tiny specks around the edge that looked like dried egg and asked,
'Are you sure these plates are clean?'
Without looking up the old man said,
'I told you before, Sonny, those dishes are as clean as cold water can get them. Now don't you fret, I don't want to hear another word about it!'
Later that afternoon, John was on his way to a nearby town and as he was leaving, his grandfather's dog started to growl, and wouldn't let him pass. John yelled and said, 'Grandfather, your dog won't let me get to my car'.
Without diverting his attention from the football game
he was watching on TV, the old man shouted!
'Coldwater, go lay down now, yah hear me!'
;)

Arch

Married to Night Train
I don't lick my plate (in fact I lost often eat out of a big pasta bowl, not a plate), but I usually run a finger round it to scoop up the last vestige of sauce.

Of course, living alone, I can do what I like. At Mum's I do it when she's not looking...

TVC

I've always licked my plate, I was taught by my father. Now I'm glad to say that my wife also licks hers (Plate I mean - as you were Fnaar!).

At my brothers 40th Birthday last year the whole family was there as were all his work collegues. Given that he teaches at a private school in Pockington, all his work mates were a bit stiff and not wholly impressed by the 'immaturity' of Phils family, so on finishing our meals we all took great delight in formation plate licking to the collective disgust of the room ;):biggrin::biggrin:

Wigsie

Nincompoop
I also tip up the bowl and drink the milk/small bits of cereal like a huge mug when eating breakfast... it is the best bit, but the wife moans as our 2 year old now does it and he is slightly less co ordinated than I am (only slightly mind).

Speck

Oldest Teenager In Town
Wigsie said:
I also tip up the bowl and drink the milk/small bits of cereal like a huge mug when eating breakfast... it is the best bit, but the wife moans as our 2 year old now does it and he is slightly less co ordinated than I am (only slightly mind).

I've taught my grandkids that and I buy Gold Top when they come round

XmisterIS

Purveyor of fine nonsense
Wigsie said:

Leaving the milk in the cereal bowl should be a criminal offence!

Top Bottom