LIDL cycle offers - Mon 17/03/2014

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Colin B

Think I may get the tool kit , mini pump ,gloves,sunglasses and the socks hopefully they'll all be useful when I go mountain biking

snorri

Legendary Member
It needs a surprisingly tall room if you want the bike to be above head height. I considered our stairwell at home but eventually installed it in my office/workshop at work which has a 3.3 metre ceiling. I'll put another one up there for bike #2.
I find with my ceiling height of 2.3 m I can get the brake blocks up to eye level. I think it has an advantage over a work stand for many jobs as it takes up no floor space and when I go to look for it, it's always where I left it on the ceiling:smile:.

TeeQue

Two jersey's, a pair of padded shorts, a gillet and some glasses. Came to just over £30, not got anything out the packet yet though so can't comment on the quality.

maltloaf

One jersey for me, tried it on and it feels decent for £7 might go back for a second.
Bought a gilet and I think they have sized it up a bit, xl gilet is quite a bit bigger than the xl jersey. Has side pockets tho which is nice.
The socks are a steal imho £2.49 a pair and are nicer I'd say than the aldi ones I've worn constantly over winter so I've bought 3 pairs them.
I've took a punt on the tool bag as I find my current under saddle bag a tad too small.
How are the glasses anyone ? Liked the look of them but they were all sealed.

Also has anyone tried the mini pump (with the hose). The packet says 120psi and if they really are capable of that then they will be a bargain for £4

Thanks,

Kev

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
I went into the Lidl in Dewsbury; lots of stock.

And came out with nothing; it's all OK but they have previously had the Safeman lock (also suggested by @Jenkins ) although not in the brochure and I'd hoped they would have a few. But didn't.

Colin B

Lidl Ashton old road got loads for ppl near openshaw . I got gloves , mini pump , tool bag , computer thingy and glasses to try out and still loads there . Didn't see safeman thingy though

MattE72

I've had a load of stuff from there (and Aldi) in the past year and I've always been impressed wit the quality. Always appears to be good seller around here so I'll be making a trip there tonight before it all goes! Thanks for posting the link!

youngoldbloke

The older I get, the faster I used to be ...
Worth a look, their mediums are usually about right for anorexics.
You must be joking? Even the mitts were HUGE. I bought a mini pump - it's sort of Lezyne clone, but not as pretty. Don't like the holder, but the pump fits nicely into my existing SKS clip. No idea how well it works - time will tell

Colin B

You must be joking? Even the mitts were HUGE. I bought a mini pump - it's sort of Lezyne clone, but not as pretty. Don't like the holder, but the pump fits nicely into my existing SKS clip. No idea how well it works - time will tell
Yeah I notice the pump holder doesn't follow my Marin frame gonna try a heat gun to shape then plastic a tad it it don't work its cheap enough to replace

compo

Veteran
I bought a mini pump - it's sort of Lezyne clone, but not as pretty. Don't like the holder, but the pump fits nicely into my existing SKS clip. No idea how well it works - time will tell

may I suggest finding out how it works before you really need it in anger :wacko:

youngoldbloke

may I suggest finding out how it works before you really need it in anger :wacko:
I will indeed :pump:! I know how it works, just not how well. I've only possessed it for a few hours, but I fully intend to deflate and then re-inflate, to test it's efficiacy. :thumbsup:

youngoldbloke

I will indeed :pump:! I know how it works, just not how well. I've only possessed it for a few hours, but I fully intend to deflate and then re-inflate, to test it's efficiacy. :thumbsup:
Now done! It works. Not for everyday use, would probably reach 100psi+ - eventually. Very much a get-you-home pump, and you have to be careful how you screw on the hose so that the valve doesn't leak as you pump (presta valve). My verdict? Save your money and buy a Lezyne.

Top Bottom