Lidl cycling offer

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
contadino

contadino

Veteran
The clothing on offer in Lidl this morning was pretty much gone within half an hour of opening. I got a soft shell and a long sleeve jersey which is what I was after and leaves me set for winter, but there was quite a scrum a few minutes later.

I don't think the offers are losing momentum here. If anything they're gaining in popularity.

Crivit make great kit too.

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
Not much left in Lidl today - managed to get a pair of their very good cycling socks (last pair in my size) and a pair of bib tights. Not a lot else left to be honest and most of that was size XL.

The bib tights seem quite decent quality (at the price), although the pad looks quite basic. However I got size "L" and they are simply too big for me - I take an "L" in stuff from pretty much anywhere else but these are going to have to go back, which is a shame as they'd have made a fine winter spare pair for shorter rides...:sad:

Mike_P

Guru
Not much left in Lidl today - managed to get a pair of their very good cycling socks (last pair in my size) and a pair of bib tights. Not a lot else left to be honest and most of that was size XL.

The bib tights seem quite decent quality (at the price), although the pad looks quite basic. However I got size "L" and they are simply too big for me - I take an "L" in stuff from pretty much anywhere else but these are going to have to go back, which is a shame as they'd have made a fine winter spare pair for shorter rides...:sad:
Completely void of cycling stuff in my nearest Lidl today, did pick up one of the jerseys on Monday together with a saddle bag to replace the one that broke last weekend. The sizing has caught me out in the past; their M is 38-40" and L 42-44", presumably XL is 46-48" , really could do with doing a S 34-36", XS 30-32" and XXS 26-28" !

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
If anyone else has a large pair of the bib tights and would like to swap for an unworn medium pair please let me know. Thanks !

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
They had a pair of in 'M' when I went back, so I did a straight exchange - they fit better so should be an ideal spare / short ride pair for over the winter.

I gave the Lidl bib tights a road test last night, and have to say I'm quite impressed. They are a decent thickness, so should be good throughout the winter, the basic pad seemed OK (after 10k) and whilst the cut isn't great at £10 you can't really complain, can you?

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
I agree they are surprisingly good bibs. Nice and warm.
I will only be using the bibs for shorter rides though, as they come halfway up my tum and have no zip !

Top Bottom