Lidl's bike stand

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

defy-one

Having spent the morning on my knees trying to get the back wheel off the floor so I can adjust my front dérailleur , I have decided I need a work/bike stand.

http://www.lidl.co.uk/cps/rde/xchg/lidl_uk/hs.xsl/index_32414.htm

Is this the famed one everyone's talking about?
It shows as being available now, but i'm sure some of you mentioned the sale starts Thursday?

:confused

P.s the iPad changed the title to "lidless" , supposed to be lidl's :-)

snorri

Legendary Member
P.s the iPad changed the title to "lidless" , supposed to be lidl's :-)
Never mind, it raised a confused chuckle from me:biggrin: .

Mike!

Guru
I got fedup waiting for the "lidless" stand to come back in store so got one of these

Which ended up being the same stand ^_^ For me it's excellent and i wouln't hesitiate to recommend. Makes tweaking and even cleaning so much easier. No more back ache!

OP
OP
defy-one

defy-one

Can't see that stand from my phone. Just took me to ebay.co.uk
I'll check it out later.
My back is aching from derailleur adjusting and i didn't get it right either :sad:

OP
OP
defy-one

defy-one

I got fedup waiting for the "lidless" stand to come back in store so got one of these

Which ended up being the same stand ^_^ For me it's excellent and i wouln't hesitiate to recommend. Makes tweaking and even cleaning so much easier. No more back ache!

.... i hope your right ... just bought one - can't be lidless now can i ? lol

bobones

Veteran
Just noticed that the one on the Lidl site now has a quick release clamp instead of the screw clamp of previous versions. Might have to get another one now!

Falwheeler

They sometimes put them out the night before

wilko

Veteran
Got mine this morning at 08.30. They had loads in, but they won't last. There were three or four other chaps there buying them and the chap on the till said they'd already sold about twelve!

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
Some left at Dewsbury at 8.45; there were 3 firemen buying one each just before me. I did wonder what the fire engine was doing in their car park :whistle: . There were about 10 left and they'd been selling all morning.

Also got a couple of the Safeman locks. The clothing's too small again though since they're only doing Medium-XL.

Top Bottom