Life sometimes trips you up.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

postman

Legendary Member
At the moment i am on my own.Last night about 19-00 we got a phone call to say the mother in law has had a very serious fall at home.Her bones are turning to chalk,she is in a bad way and because Preston Hospital the nearest was full and not accepting more patients,she was rushed to Lancaster.Kay went over to see and is looking after her 86 year old dad,who actually can look after himself,but this fall is going to take a lot out of both of them.Anyway i decided to go for a coffee at a local Costa, this afternoon and while i was there i saw my ex wife,boy oh boy has it upset set me.Thirty years ago we got divorced and it was a bad one,can't believe how a chance meeting has brought thoughts out ,luckily she did not spot me.Poor lass looked tired and worn down,and here i am full of beans ,retired and having a full retirement,Life is a mystery.

D

Deleted member 26715

Sorry to hear about your MIL, hope she recovers well, it gets harder the older they get, good miss on the ex

Bazzer

Setting the controls for the heart of the sun.
It's odd the effect chance events can have on one's mind. Sounds heartless, but you need to look at your life now and the pleasures and challenges you have.
Sorry to hear of the MiL. I hope that aspect works out for you and Mrs P.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Sorry about your MIL. If you'd have caught your ex's eye in Costa might the exchange have gone like this:

funny-marriage-joke.png

OP
OP
postman

postman

Legendary Member
Thanks all,the first results so far show a double fracture of the hip.They won't even let her sit up yet,She is in a really bad mood and cranky according to Mrs Postman,more test following pain is really bad,Lancaster are in touch with Preston who have a better dept,but Sunday it was totally full.Travel for FIL is not good at 88 it's a busy road,so he has been told no evening visits.Which will make mil a bit lonely,we are hoping they will transfer her as soon as possible nearer home,thanks for your best wishes.:hello::notworthy:

Tommy2

Über Member
A brief glimpse is just that, it does not give a whole story, I imagine nobody on here knows the ins and outs of the divorce and as such shouldn’t comment on ‘the ex’ who for all we know could have been left with kids and no help physically, emotionally or financially and may look ‘worn down’ but I’m pretty sure some people would say I look worn down some days.
So consider this before everyone makes ‘the ex’ out to be the villain.

OP
OP
postman

postman

Legendary Member
A brief glimpse is just that, it does not give a whole story, I imagine nobody on here knows the ins and outs of the divorce and as such shouldn’t comment on ‘the ex’ who for all we know could have been left with kids and no help physically, emotionally or financially and may look ‘worn down’ but I’m pretty sure some people would say I look worn down some days.
So consider this before everyone makes ‘the ex’ out to be the villain.

Lovely post,she was not the villain,i was always at work and a total disaster as a parent.

Top Bottom