Light Failure, Very Unhappy

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

andyfraser

Über Member
About a week and a half ago I bought a set of Lezyne lights, the pack containing a front Macro Drive and a rear Micro Drive. Today the rear light packed up during my commute. I always carry a spare but it's a fairly cheap one so I'll have to get home with that, in the dark, and just mount a load of old lights to the bike until I can get a replacement. I'm moving house this weekend so I don't know when I'll have the time.

Nothing seems to work properly any more. I'd hope being safety equipment bike lights would be better. Moan over.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
I am surprised that Lezyne products failed. They usually make very good quality products. Contact them and see what they have to say about it. If there is a fault I have no doubt they would exchange for new ones.

I run two Hope Vision 1's for my night rides. 1: Because they are bloody good lights. 2: Because Hopes customer service is second to none. I had one fail which was out of warranty and they fixed it without quibble. There are other members who have also had great service from Hope.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Oh dear, you'd expect lights from a normally good manufacturer to be reliable, wouldn't you? PITA, what with the move. I had a Hope Vision thingy that gave up on me last year but it was a very, very wet night. The damn thing had lasted just until the warranty ran out.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Oh dear, you'd expect lights from a normally good manufacturer to be reliable, wouldn't you? PITA, what with the move. I had a Hope Vision thingy that gave up on me last year but it was a very, very wet night. The damn thing had lasted just until the warranty ran out.

And you sent it off to be fixed right?

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
I am surprised that Lezyne products failed. They usually make very good quality products. Contact them and see what they have to say about it. If there is a fault I have no doubt they would exchange for new ones.

I run two Hope Vision 1's for my night rides. 1: Because they are bloody good lights. 2: Because Hopes customer service is second to none. I had one fail which was out of warranty and they fixed it without quibble. There are other members who have also had great service from Hope.
Ah, now you tell me! It was the last paddle to Southend (or was it Burnham) that saw it off. A couple of little Crees got me through the rest of the ride.

Oops, a cross post....I did everything I could to dry it out, ended up leaving it on a radiator and forgot about it. In the end, Iooked around on the Hope site, saw that the model no longer appeared to be marketed and gave up - I think that by then I was just fed up with it.

Panter

Just call me Chris...
One of my original Hopes has just developed problems. I left it out in the garden over the Summer, on discovering it it was full of water. Dried it out, and miraculously, it still worked! But, the switch was temperamental then the bracket cracked soon after.
I'm quite sure Hope would have sorted it FOC (their customer service is simply staggering) but I decided to support them by buying a new one anyway.
Very expensive compared to the Chinese offerings out there but they're just so bloody good at looking after their customers that it would take an awful lot to persuade me to look elsewhere for my commuting lights that I need to rely on day in, day out :smile:

OP
OP
andyfraser

andyfraser

Über Member
+1. Four year old one fixed by Hope FOC for me last year.

Andy, that's a warranty job no question.
Oh definitely a warrantee job. It's just finding the time what with moving and working. Monday will probably be the earliest. Until then I load my bike up with battery powered lights to get me through the next few days.

I have contacted Lezyne and am waiting to hear from them but I can just get it replaced at the shop. Getting home in the dark is going to be fun with my weedy reserve light.

Top Bottom