Light hybrid for hilly area

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jig-sore

Formerly the anorak
this is just my personal view, but i really don't like grip shifts, i like the flappy paddles :biggrin:

anyway, glad your sorted xx(

OP
OP
O

oli

Well, I've been out for a short ride around the village. At a guess it was about three miles, with a couple of small hills, and it's made me realise just how unfit I am! I was knackered. Anyway, interesting to be back on a bike for the first time in many years, and I'm sure that regular short rides (and doing the 40 very flat mile cycle ride next month) will drastically improve my fitness.

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
If you keep at it the fitness will improve quicker than you think.I started regular riding again about 3 months ago.I use it for work ,about 3 miles each way and try to do a few rides for fun each week.Longest so far 24 miles.

I have gone from 16 stone to 14.13 lb without dieting. Hills I would have been in bottom gear and sweating and puffing on are allready becoming pleasant to ride up.

Good luck with the new bike Im fairly certain a Sirrus will be top of my wish list when I upgrade from the Appollo I have now.

Ascient

I'm not sure if you can apply retrospectively (though a refund and then re-buy might be a possibility, especially if you explain to the Evans workers), but have you tried applying through the cycle to work scheme?

Top Bottom