Light Weight 35C Inner Tubes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

nickr

Über Member
I've recently replaced my 35C Schwalbe Centuries with Vittoria Hypers also 35C. The weight loss is really noticeable. I would now love to lose some more weight. My present inner tubes weigh around 170g, I can't find any light weight tubes of this size. Could I get away with 28s?

Last edited:

Ajax Bay

Guru
Probably. You will have blown up a tube outside a tyre and seen that it's happy at 40+mm diameter. Perhaps take an old one you're replacing and blow it up, periodically noting the diameter, till it fails (eye protection). I have a 20-25 tube (patched twice) which is still that size (40mm) after 2 months (in the garage). What about trying the Continental Race 28 in the 25-32 size? But frankly, you've saved substantially weight by going for the Hypers. The few grammes you'll save on the tube is tinkering. 170g for 35s isn't at all bad.

22point8

Continental Tour 28 Light 105g, 32-47c I added 20ml of continental revosealant. When i did get a flat it was from a pot hole, when I patched the tube there were about 6 small punctures I'd never noticed so the sealant does work, but a big pot hole snakebite is too much for the sealant to cope with.

vickster

Legendary Member
If going for continental tubes just make sure you hold your hand over the valve when unscrewing the cap or core!!

Top Bottom