1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Light

Discussion in 'CycleChat Cafe' started by Saddle bum, 28 Nov 2007.

1. Saddle bum

Saddle bum Über Member

There was a recent thread where someone related the story of a motorist complaining at the intensity of his rear light.

Anybody know the name of a retina-burner of a rear light?

2. longers

longers Veteran

I think it was this one, no idea if this is good value but it was first in a google.

3. Mister Paul

Mister Paul Honky

4. Ashtrayhead

Ashtrayhead Über Member

I use one of those and they're excellent value. You'll definitely be seen, even from sideways on.

5. That's the bad boy longers - I think Wiggle are doing a Special Offer on the Cateye Opticube and this one as a 'set' at the mo...
    I got my set from cyclegurl for about 55 dollars. Easy and bright!:biggrin:

6. longers

longers Veteran

I bought one of these last week from my LBS and tis very bright. I paid £16 from there but I'm sure it can be had cheaper on t'net somewhere.

I may be imagining things but I feel that I've had more drivers pass me closer since fitting it :biggrin:.

7. Pete

Pete Guest

Maybe because they think you're a motorbike, and of course motorcyclists don't count - even less so than cyclists...:biggrin:

I go for cheapo supermarket LED lights which are quite adequate in my opinion. And carry a spare. Wilkinsons are quite good.

In front, of course, it's a different story. There, the brighter the better.