Light coloured Eyes and the sun

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Anyone else suffer really bad eye pain in the sun - usually on holiday, as a Manchester local we don't see much.

In Gran Canaria now, and yesterday I was fine, but today the pain is bad. Forgot the reactive glasses this morn. Speaking to one of the bar staff now and he says he suffers as he has light coloured eyes (Spanish). Mine are a green grey colour. MrsF datk brown.

Had the same issue when we came here about 4 years ago. Too bright, and were just into may.

Last edited:
OP
OP
fossyant

fossyant

Anyone else suffer really bad eye pain in the sun - usually on holiday, as a Manchester local we don't see much.

In Gran Canaria now, and yesterday I was fine, but today the pain is bad. Forgot the reactive glasses this morn. Speaking to one of the bar staff now and he says he suffers as he has light coloured eyes (Spanish). Mine are a green grey colour. MrsF dark brown (hense she gets mistaken for Spanish alot).

Had the same issue when we came here about 4 years ago. Too bright, and we're just into May. Last time was July ish.

vickster

Legendary Member
Sunglasses. Might be worth getting eyes checked when you get home. My recent eye test identified mild cataracts and the optometrist said to protect eyes from the sun. Mine are brown incidentally

postman

Legendary Member
Last night i came in from visiting neighbour George,i had a very strange problem. Above my useless left eye i saw what was like silver blue broken glass splinters just rolling over and over like a window blind.Straight off to bed and after a sleep nothing this morning very strange.

OP
OP
fossyant

fossyant

Sunglasses. Might be worth getting eyes checked when you get home. My recent eye test identified mild cataracts and the optometrist said to protect eyes from the sun. Mine are brown incidentally

I think I need prescription sunglasses, as the reactive ones are quite old. 🤔 Never an issue in Blighty.

D

Deleted member 1258

My last eye test identified the beginnings of a cataract so I'm now wearing reactolight lenses, I detest the things, it feels like I'm separated from the world and looking through a window at it. We were in Fuerteventura at Xmas a few years ago and my eyes were fine, probably not as bright as summertime.

Top Bottom