Lighting (no, not that sort) and wiring

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
mjr

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
When you do turn the supply off at the consumer unit (only need to switch off the circuit breaker to that lighting circuit). I'd never ever work on mains without it being off!
Oh indeed! I'll be switching off the power to all lighting circuits and the circuit for the sockets in that room, plus using the cable clamp tester to make sure the wires I can reach aren't live. I've already found that some of the breakers in this house aren't wired as I expect and I believe is usual.

twentysix by twentyfive

Clinging on tightly
I've already found that some of the breakers in this house aren't wired as I expect and I believe is usual.
Yikes. Take great care in that case. I see that you are tho'. :thumbsup:

cosmicbike

Perhaps This One.....
I thought that was like a big drill for fenceposts. Do you mean something like this, but narrower?
220px-Drill_arbor_holesaw_2.jpg

(source)

Better known as plug cutters

http://www.screwfix.com/p/erbauer-plug-cutter-9-5-x-56mm/86045

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
I would try from below and the cut along the joists upstairs and across the void to lift out a foot wide piece of floor board. The nails, I use a hole borer on these normally a 10mm one and easily lift the board and remove nails later. I have showed this trick to a few sparkies and plumbers and they have been amazed how easy and quick it is. I run a circular saw along the joins above the joist and across.
I love that hole borer trick. So much easier than a breaker bar.

Top Bottom