1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lighting, the real dilemma

Discussion in 'Bikes and Buying Advice - What Bike?' started by Mister Paul, 6 Nov 2007.

?
  1. light blue

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. red

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
  3. British racing green

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
  4. black

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. gold

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
  6. gun metal grey

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
  7. royal blue

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. light purple

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
  9. turquoise

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. champagne

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
  1. Mister Paul

Mister Paul Honky

So, after cycling down the canal in total darkness last night, I've decided to go for the Ayups. The EL530 and Ozone 21ne are surprisingly good, but not good enough. When the leaves are lying on the towpath and on the canal it's difficult to be clear about what is where with my current lights. And it's very hard to see the many stealth walkers and cyclists that frequent the place.

Now comes the hardest decision-

I'd go for black, but have visions of me dropping the things in the dark and squirrelling around for ages trying to find them. Gun metal grey looks ok. I'd prefer if they were matt finish, but they all look shiny.

http://www.ayup.com.au/colours.html

2. MrGrumpy

MrGrumpy Huge Member

I think you should get the boy pink ones :biggrin:

3. Mister Paul

Mister Paul Honky

That's not an option :biggrin:

4. mikeitup

mikeitup Senior Member

re:

I'm going for the Royal Blue ones. Roll on payday!

5. Steve Austin

Steve Austin The Marmalade Kid

i would go neutral colours. so that black or grey then :biggrin:

6. longers

longers Veteran

What colour is the bike you're putting them on?

7. Mister Paul

Mister Paul Honky

The bike is metallic brown. I know, it sounds gross. But it actually looks ok.

I've ordered the gunmetal grey ones. Had the order confirmed and they ship tomorrow.

I took a previous buyers advice and put the office address down as the shipping address, as some say it is then less likely to get stopped by customs. But then I realised that a parcel posted from overseas, containing a battery and electrical equipment, sent to the particular team I work with, may raise some suspicions.

So this may be my last week of posting folks.

8. Tynan

Tynan Veteran

the colour of the lights themselves?

who on earth would care? dear god!

for a moment I thought this was some sort of high tech lo vis system

very nearly ploughed into an unlit roadworks last night

9. doyler78

doyler78 Well-Known Member

I went for light blue myself (wanted black but they were out of stock). Went for light blue to co-ordinate with my Ortlieb Velocity bag which I had just bought and is also in blue/black and my trainers which have blue trims. Do you think many will notice my co-oridnation in the dark? :biggrin:

Definitely have to say the splash of colour is good so glad I didn't go for the black after all.

10. Daniel B

Daniel B New Member

That's put a spanner amongst the pigeons!

I HAD decided on gun metal grey, but am now considering either of the 2 blues, I have a silver/black bike and a yellow bike with which they will engage, as it were, and any of those colours would fit the bill I guess.

Black looks a little too boring though I reckon.

Dan

11. Daniel B

Daniel B New Member

Guys,

Andrew from ayup is trying to establish an exact costing for what people will have to pay for duty and fees, so they can incorporate it into the price on the site.

Could anyone who has been charged these fees, please send him an e-mail, with details of what you were charged for what part - iewhat amount was Duty, what amount was VAT, what amount were purely fees to the shipping company etc

The mail address to use is: ayup.enquires@optusnet.com.au

Many thanks

Dan

12. Mister Paul

Mister Paul Honky

Ground Effect (in New Zealand) include VAT and duty in their prices somehow. Maybe Andrew should talk to them-

http://www.groundeffect.co.nz/freight.htm