Lights for winter

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

potsy

Rambler
What do you mean?
They are a bit of a lottery in terms of quality of batteries and chargers I think, some chargers/adaptors didn't have a fuse so are a bit 'dodgy' to say the least.

Mine has been OK in the time I've had it but always charge it where I can keep my eye on it, wouldn't leave it on overnight for example.

Great lights for the money, I banked on getting last winter out of mine and anything else was a bonus, still going strong now :thumbsup:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Exactly what Potsy said. I keep an eye on mine. Only had one original pack that died, pulled it to bits and put each cell in my Xtar smart charger - showed 2 dead. The 2 working cells are in a couple of Trustfire Torches.

Had a power cable go out in flames on a magicshine charger. It was a pukka UK plug and lead to the charger. Plugged in and flames shot out the plug - the cable had snapped (this was a real UK cable off another product).

Thing is with lipo batteries, there is a lot of 'energy' in them compared to AA's. Lots of AMPS, so any shorts go with a bang.

fabregas485

Battery wise, 18650's are good. Any torch with at least one is bound to be super bright. Avoid using more than 1 rechargeable Cr123.

Milo

Guru
Yea the build quality won't exactly fill you with confidence and the two lights I have had both came with non fused travel adaptors which is a no no. Still had a year out of mine so far.

D

Deleted member 20519

Exactly what Potsy said. I keep an eye on mine. Only had one original pack that died, pulled it to bits and put each cell in my Xtar smart charger - showed 2 dead. The 2 working cells are in a couple of Trustfire Torches.

Had a power cable go out in flames on a magicshine charger. It was a pukka UK plug and lead to the charger. Plugged in and flames shot out the plug - the cable had snapped (this was a real UK cable off another product).

Thing is with lipo batteries, there is a lot of 'energy' in them compared to AA's. Lots of AMPS, so any shorts go with a bang.

Does anyone know where to get a replacement charger for the Cree XML-T6? The top plastic pin snapped off of the plug making it unusable.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Does anyone know where to get a replacement charger for the Cree XML-T6? The top plastic pin snapped off of the plug making it unusable.

Any Magicshine one will do. I fine mine are all interchangeable. There are some with a slightly smaller pin size, if that happenes you can get an adapter from Maplin.

Try Magicshine.co.uk for a UK charger.

Buzzinonbikes

If you mean the top plastic pin on a regular UK plug - just jam something in the top hole to allow other pins to go in then remove it. Flat head screwdriver works a treat*

*Do it with the power off. Don't blame me if you die.

D

Deleted member 20519

If you mean the top plastic pin on a regular UK plug - just jam something in the top hole to allow other pins to go in then remove it. Flat head screwdriver works a treat*

*Do it with the power off. Don't blame me if you die.

I just tried that and I died, this is all your fault.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
Hope Vision One. A whole bunch of rechargeable AA Sanyo Eneloop batteries and a BL 700 charger.

That really is all you need unless you want to ponce about amongst stumps and rocks on silly bikes....:whistle:

compo

Veteran

I don't recommend this, but: remove the socket faceplate and remove the plastic shield and it's spring then replace the faceplate. the two pins will then go into the socket. Don't do if you have young children who are likely to try and insert things into the very inviting holes.

Top Bottom