Lights for winter :)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
Yes I know I know however now might be a good time to buy some bargains, so anyone know of any good deals out there for last years stock ? Not looking for some puny flasher but proper lumens out front. Also not any of the chinese stuff neither, been there got the t shirt shall we say!

S.Giles

Also not any of the chinese stuff neither, been there got the t shirt shall we say!
My Chinese 'Cree' light is the best light I've ever owned. Chinese battery-packs can be dodgy, though.

sittingbull

Veteran
Moon XP500 £50.99 @ Merlin

Suitable for pitch black country lanes, it's overkill on the high settings most of the time.

To preserve the battery for a 6 hour plus ride I use a Moon Meteor (210 lumens) on flash for the majority of the ride, then switch on the XP500 for the darker sections, it comes on full power at first but one or two settings lower is perfectly adequate. Battery life is 1.5 hours plus on max, somewhere around 3 hours on the intermediate settings. Something like 6 hours plus on the lowest setting which is still far superior to the £20 Cateye I was using previously.

Last edited:

Sharky

Guru
Totally agree.Top quality along with excellent battery life
Yep and I just corrected my post above. They are only £36 now.

OP
OP
MrGrumpy

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
Is the volt plenty bright enough ? I`ve got two cree torches which are well bright but useless really as they are spotty. Had one of the cree T6`s that are all over ebay with separate battery pack, lasted one winter and kaput. So more inclined to spend a bit more for what is in effect a safety device!

wisdom

Guru
As above.
like the nano shot mode round urban roads the high and low beams are more than adequate for unlit roads on my daily commute.

Darren Gregory

Rides a Pinnacle Arkose 3 and a Trek Emonda SL6
I have the Fluxient mini posted above, great light and Torchy appears to know his stuff.

OP
OP
MrGrumpy

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
That is the thing not sure I need massive horse power lumens wise, currently using 2 x T6 XML torches but the build quality is sheet to be honest which is why i was avoiding them. Anyway no big rush now but looking ahead and now seems a good time to buy up older stock at reduced prices.

potsy

Rambler
Another vote for the Moon 500, it is my 'go to' light for reliability and as a high output backup to my main lights.

Battery life is not great but if you've a relatively short commute it will be fine.

Top Bottom