Lights - Just Me?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

HaloJ

Rabid cycle nut
All lights on today and generally at least the rear light on when commuting.

scouserinlondon

TBH, unless it's really sunny I use one rear light and the hope 1 on flash anyway. Maybe I'm the cycling equivalent of a volvo driver. But I figure, I'm carrying the fecking things around, batts are rechargeable, why the hell NOT use them?

I've it's glorious sunshine then no, but if they get me noticed then why not.

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
I always use lights in the rain, even if its a little sunny (it does happen..thats how rainbows are formed), I am not so much concerned about the darkness of the rain storm, but the effect droplets of water have on windows and mirrors.

Try riding a motorcycle in the rain when its sunny, visability is appalling as the sun refracts off the rain on the visor

Debian

I always have one bright flashy front light and one rear regardless of time of day or weather conditions and regardless of whether I'm on the road or the towpath.

My thinking is it can't do any harm to be more visible.

jimboalee

My BSA 20 has a Sturmey Hub dyno and the lamps are on continuously.

At 16 mph, its so damned slow, I think its better to be illuminated.

wafflycat

If visibility in daylight is reduced enough to warrant using lights, I use them.

arallsopp

Post of The Year 2009 winner
BSRU said:
Shame there is no EU shop where they can be purchased. I imagine UK customs will want a hefty whack of cash to let them in the country from the US.

I've seen plenty of dinotte's on the roads, and think even BentMikey of this very forum has a set on the way. They're getting them somewhere...

goo_mason

Champion barbed-wire hurdler
Always have the lights on if the weather's like today!

(I seem to remember having them on through almost the whole of last summer....:ohmy: )

Top Bottom