Lights!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cathryn

Legendary Member
I hardly dare ask, having skimmed the ‘rechargeable vs batteries’ thread but I need recommendations for lights for winter!

- front lights
- super bright to light the road up
- £100 max
- prob prefer rechargeable but not wedded to that idea

Merci!

R. Panda

There's a bunch of them out there, but I'd probably go with something like Fenix. (No affiliation to the store or brand)

Had a couple of Lezynes which failed in two years. That may be just bad luck, as it's supposed to be a reputable brand.

lazybloke

Considering a new username
I hardly dare ask, having skimmed the ‘rechargeable vs batteries’ thread but I need recommendations for lights for winter!

- front lights
- super bright to light the road up
- £100 max
- prob prefer rechargeable but not wedded to that idea

Merci!
Couldn't say what's available at that price-point, but for anyone on a budget, Lidl are selling their £12 light set currently.

USB-c rechargeable, and the front light has modes up to 70 lux. I used one for winter commuting without any problem - a mixture of city roads, cycle paths, unlit lanes and woodland. Fantastic value fir money.

The rear light is v small though.

Mo1959

Legendary Member
I love the Cateye ones. I currently have a Volt 800 but they are on to new models now.

I think I would go for this one now if I needed a replacement.

cateye-ampp-1100-front-bike-light

Chris S

Legendary Member
Lidl currently have rechargeable bike lights for £12. I've been using the same set since 2018 without any problems. If I've got the front one on full power I get mistaken for a motor vehicle and drivers flash their lights at me!

DiggyGun

We use Moon lights.

They have a huge range and are very bright.

We’ve had this one previously.

5C1883C6-6209-4A7F-8A2F-AA1C63C1B5D5.jpeg

Top Bottom