Lights?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

scouserinlondon

saw a bloke this morning riding through Kings Cross with a P7 torch type thing on his handlebars on strobe, and actually while being bright it wasn't offensive at all. Good solution for the autumn light?

Murf

I have a Hope Vision 1 on the front and 2 Blackburn Mars 3 rear lights on the seatpost. Would love a second Hope up front but i think the wife would kill me. :smile:

And have a look on youtube for "trek commute bike 3M scotchlite" to see a side on view of my commuter. ;)

the_mikey

Legendary Member
I went for a ride last night using an RSP asteri 3, a cateye EL220 and 1W LED 'head' lamp on my helmet..

Out of those, the cat-eye was the dimmest, but cast light in a wider area than the other lights.

The RSP asteri 3 was bright enough to illuminate completely un-lit cyclepaths so you could see the path ahead ( I used a section of the Bristol to Bath cycle path to test this from Mangotsfield Station to Staple Hill Tunnel).

The 1W led 'head' lamp, purchased from TK Maxx was almost as bright as the asteri 3, with the added advantage of shining wherever I looked.

All three used together gave best results, although I'm going to replace the cat-eye with another RSP asteri 3.

Top Bottom