Lightweight Waterproof Jackets?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I tried a Endura's pak-a-jak but the zip felt very insubstantial - I could see it breaking easily. I went for the more expensive Photon instead, which is a proper waterproof and has a better (for me), ahem, 'relaxed fit'. Too early to call on its abilities but packs real small into its own bag and is about 200g - it would fit a jersey pocket or a bottle cage.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
and another plus one for the Montane Velo

pac-man

I got one of those pocket rockets it's great till it gets wet..bloody rubbish
have been using the Altura Pocket rocket for the last year... fantastic jacket.. never had any problems with it.. when it does start letting in water just reproof it using grangers or other tech-wash. all waterproof apparel does eventually let water in, when it does reproof it when you wash it.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
why do so many cycling jackets have a severe lack of reflectives on them.... also a lack of vents... and I'd like a bit more than just a pocket on the arse.

That's what i'm looking for but no luck so far.

pac-man

I haven't found any packable lightweight jackets featuring pockets, plenty of waterproof jackets have vents and reflective details, have a look at the Altura Evo night vision jacket... it ticks most of the boxes, but it's not lightweight. does have zipped vents down both flanks, vented back, zipped rear pocket and Breast pocket, also has a mesh lining, I use the lining as a extra very large pocket to carry my waterproof over trousers ( access via the flank vents and goes around the back) it is designed as a commuter jacket so size down of you want a snug fit.

SimonJKH

Blue collar cyclist
I got a Madison Stratos in Hi-viz yellow and I'm pretty pleased with it. Packs up nice and small, and decent side vents that work well.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
and another plus one for the Montane Velo
Normally I'd +1 on the Velo but the zip went on mine this week. The little tab on the bottom that slides into the slot has gone awol.:sad:

safety pins are so last year.:sad:

pac-man

I got a Madison Stratos in Hi-viz yellow and I'm pretty pleased with it. Packs up nice and small, and decent side vents that work well.
have you tried this jacket in heavy rain? any good? i would like another packable waterproof rain jacket as the one i have has no vents (altura pocket rocket)

Top Bottom