Lime bikes by bike racks

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

sgrosz

Does anyone else get enraged when they find Lime bikes parked by cycle racks? These bikes are self-locking and yet, by putting them next to cycle racks they are preventing regular cyclists from locking their bikes to the rack. I have written to Lime about it but received no intelligible reply. They referred me to their parking rules, which actually instruct renters to leave their Lime bikes by a cycle rack.

Lime need to change their policy. Write and complain to them (with photos if you have any).

Mod Note:
Welcome @sgrosz :welcome:
I've removed your link, because only Lime Users can contact the company with that form, it requires a Lime membership number.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
I also get enraged* when I find Lime bikes parked not by bike racks. For example parked by just dropping it on its side blocking the pavement.

There probably are some places that they can be parked without inconveniencing anyone. But probably no one parks them there.

*May be too strong a word. I tut and shake my head.

Edit ... Just for clarity I'm not disagreeing with the OP and saying they should be parked by bike racks. Just saying that pretty much anywhere they are dumped tends to inconvenience someone or other.

Last edited:

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
Round here, they are parked in the middle of the pavement. A few minutes later, a fellow moron will park another one next door, just to make sure that mobility scooter users can't pass.

Reactions: C R

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Did you watch it? Was it interesting?
I did. It was in the usual irritating ITV style, but worth skimming through.

There were some scary video clips. One taken by a VERY illegal ebiker doing 70+ (presumably miles/hr but even if the speedo was showing km/hr it was still way too fast).

Escooter riders not being sensible and considerate.

A few ridiculous crashes caused by speeding emorons. One man came hurtling along completely out of control, shot across the road, and crashed into a wall. Another high-speed ebiker tried undertaking an escooter rider who turned left into him as he did so.

Lots of carelessly 'parked' (dumped!) rental ebikes and escooters.

Also very frightening videoclips of large lithium ion batteries exploding into flames.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Thread exhumation ...

The Evening Standard are getting antsy about the blithering things.
1706207295201.png

Top Bottom