Line 6 Firehawk

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Levo-Lon

Guru
Can you email them? If no joy here
I just had a look at that on google, cool bit of kit for 250

sight-pin

Veteran
No experience with these, bit above me TBH. I like the idea of the built in looper though.
I use a modeling amp that connects with Fender Fuse. I'm not very good at importing the different sounds but theirs loads available there.
My son gave me an old Zoom GFX-707 pedal last year, still haven't got around to trying it.:rolleyes:

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I want to get into playing the guitar but have failed to stick at it every time I tried to learn in the past. If I DO get stuck in this time then I'd be interested in buying kit like the Firehawk so I'd be interested to know how you get on with it.

ColinJ

I get frustrated and impatient with my slow progress (same problem with keyboard instruments). I think my main problem with the guitar was that I never mastered bar(re) chords so my left hand was pretty much stuck up at the nut end of the fretboard, which is somewhat limiting!

I just found a few useful-looking suggestions on how to play those chords so I will try them and see if they work.

ColinJ

The most interesting observation was that it isn't a case of strong/weak fingers, rather a case of poor technique. Lots of small children with puny hands can play those chords properly and lots of adults with big, strong hands can't!

sight-pin

Veteran
The most interesting observation was that it isn't a case of strong/weak fingers, rather a case of poor technique. Lots of small children with puny hands can play those chords properly and lots of adults with big, strong hands can't!

Playing chords is just practise and more practise whilst waiting for the muscle memory to take effect. As @User said, It'll just be automatic
I'm not very good at playing but notice that any new chords i try now get quicker to memorise than at first.

ColinJ

Playing chords is just practise and more practise whilst waiting for the muscle memory to take effect. As @User said, It'll just be automatic
I'm not very good at playing but notice that any new chords i try now get quicker to memorise than at first.
It wasn't so much remembering the finger patterns, it was holding the strings down properly so they didn't buzz. It was bad enough trying to play one tricky chord buzz-free, but switching between different tricky chords was a big problem.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
It wasn't so much remembering the finger patterns, it was holding the strings down properly so they didn't buzz. It was bad enough trying to play one tricky chord buzz-free, but switching between different tricky chords was a big problem.
With Barre chords there is a tendency to adopt a Vulcan death grip. It was a revelation when I was taught to stop the strings without using a thumb on the neck, using arm and shoulder only.

Top Bottom