Liner Gloves

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

shouldbeinbed

Rollin' along
Bit late to the original party :smile: but +2 to Decathlon, they are a staple for me at this time of year as I prefer thin and layered to big fluffy type gloves.

Daughter used them in Poland just after new year (-25 while she was at Birkenau) and is a convert now too.

Crikey! 4 years ago :smile: When it was freezing or below, my hands were still really cold after about 15 mins so I looked for something else. I now use the below as liners with Sealskinz Winter Finger Mitts. The mitts are a bit cumbersome but they do keep my hands warm far better than gloves.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Jasmine-S...hash=item21195478b9:m:mA8cIZqWYyUxLJIRPPZ0bsA
thanks for the reply GT.

Would have been helpful if you had reported back after your original glowing review though.

For clearly they weren't so glowing after all.

thanks anyway.

no probs - will sort something from my Decathlon and Gore inners and various gloves.

OP
OP
G

GJT

Über Member
My work commute is less than 15 minutes, so they were fine for what I bought them for. Was only when I started going further distances I felt the cold. I'm sure if I used them with my Sealskinz, they'd still be good. Just preferred something thinner for my next pair.

simongt

Guru
Coming home today into that biting headwind i had my aldi winter gloves with a liner glove and my fingers were still numb !
Oh, I know THAT feeling - ! Okay I have Raynaud's Disease ( a circulation issue in hands / feet ) which is only a problem when it gets cold. My hands go numb until about halfway to work; about five miles and THEN they begin to 'reheat' and that is uncomfortable; a burning tingling sensation for up to five minutes. Once past that, all's well. I've spent a BOMB on gloves / liners of very many variations over the years and nothing does the job, despite manufacturer's claims to the contrary. Aldi ski mitts are pretty good and sheepskin mitts do the job; just not very practical when it's raining.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Oh, I know THAT feeling - ! Okay I have Raynaud's Disease ( a circulation issue in hands / feet ) which is only a problem when it gets cold. My hands go numb until about halfway to work; about five miles and THEN they begin to 'reheat' and that is uncomfortable; a burning tingling sensation for up to five minutes. Once past that, all's well. I've spent a BOMB on gloves / liners of very many variations over the years and nothing does the job, despite manufacturer's claims to the contrary. Aldi ski mitts are pretty good and sheepskin mitts do the job; just not very practical when it's raining.
How long till your hands get warm again though ? once cold it can be an hour before i get them back to normal .

simongt

Guru
How long till your hands get warm again though ? once cold it can be an hour before i get them back to normal .
Usually about five to ten minutes after 'reheat ' has begun. My level of Raynaud's isn't as bad as some folk I've known. One guy had to wear gloves even in the summer when we used to go kayaking. There is also Raynaud's Phenomenon which is more serious, so I'm fairly lucky. I've had the condidtion as long as I can recall: about sixty years and as it doesn't cause major problems, I'm able to manage it okay.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Usually about five to ten minutes after 'reheat ' has begun. My level of Raynaud's isn't as bad as some folk I've known. One guy had to wear gloves even in the summer when we used to go kayaking. There is also Raynaud's Phenomenon which is more serious, so I'm fairly lucky. I've had the condidtion as long as I can recall: about sixty years and as it doesn't cause major problems, I'm able to manage it okay.
I think there is another thread going with a similar theme, i posted on there that i wear full finger gloves in summer cycling unless its really warm i can set my hands of with wind chill .

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
PS
they are now £1.94
+ VAT

ozboz

Guru
yep ozboz, it is warming up in the next few hours your way :smile:

If you, or anyone else, should get some, I'd be interested in reports back.

simongt

Guru
When I used to cycle to work at our firm's previous depot, I would often pass a painter ( I could tell by his paint spattered overalls ) who was cycling the other way. Even in the coldest weather, I NEVER saw him wearing gloves of any sort . :eek: I know some folk are blessed with amazing circulation, but blimey - !

Top Bottom