lino over kitchen tiles?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
DIY is not my thing, but this thread reminds me of an acquaintance who had the nickname 'Lino'.

Inquiries revealed he was always getting into fights which he usually lost - he ended up on the lino and the name stuck.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
I don't think it's that expensive but it's been some time since I bought some and I paid trade. Some vinyl is very expensive, check out Amtico.
I'm sure I paid @£50 a square metre last time I bought some, I'd used it extensively on counter tops in the trade but this was for a bathroom and a lavatory at home.

Levo-Lon

Guru
I'm sure I paid @£50 a square metre last time I bought some, I'd used it extensively on counter tops in the trade but this was for a bathroom and a lavatory at home.

I got a remnant to do my bathroom.
It's lovely,thick and has a fabulous Mediterranean tile pattern.
Think I paid about £35m2 plus fitting.

Top tip pay to have it fitted.
I'm quite good at carpet and tiles but I don't touch lino..it has to be cut spot on.

If it's just a quick job then ok to DIY sealer around the edge ect

raleighnut

Legendary Member
I got a remnant to do my bathroom.
It's lovely,thick and has a fabulous Mediterranean tile pattern.
Think I paid about £35m2 plus fitting.

Top tip pay to have it fitted.
I'm quite good at carpet and tiles but I don't touch lino..it has to be cut spot on.

If it's just a quick job then ok to DIY sealer around the edge ect
I laid it myself, there are 2 pipes come up through it to the towel rail so I had to drill for those (with a Forstner bit) then cut slots at the back and I used 'Impact Adhesive' to fix it, luckily I'd taken the skirting off but it was a one hit at getting it right job. Went down a treat and really impressed Dave who was fitting the bathroom suite, luckily it went down before the handbasin went in so I didn't have to cut around the pedestal and likewise the Loo wasn't fitted either.

Top Bottom