Lionel Messi - the greatest player who ever lived?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

darkstar

To be fair Barca would certainly be missing that edge if Messi were to leave, outstanding talent.

Slowgrind

For last night maybe!!!!

Manonabike

Über Member
I'm surprised nobody has mentioned Maradona yet.... Messi is a great player and might become the best ever.... and I hope he does because he seems to be a role model to footballers - I have never heard anything but complements about this young talent.

I'm a Man Ute supporter but I know that rooney and messi are not quite in the same league. Rooney is a world class player but he is not as good as Messi, in fact at this moment in time nobody is better that messi, not even EGOnaldo :biggrin:

Just like to say that in my view the best player ever is Maradona - the guy was just sensational - What Maradona did as a player will be maybe too hard to beat.... he won the world cup with a team that was not there with the best, also with Napoli, a club that had never won anything, he won everything that was there to be won. Messi has the advantage of playing with some fantastic players in Barcelona.... and that is a huge advantage.

mangaman

Manonabike said:
I'm surprised nobody has mentioned Maradona yet.... Messi is a great player and might become the best ever.... and I hope he does because he seems to be a role model to footballers - I have never heard anything but complements about this young talent.

I'm a Man Ute supporter but I know that rooney and messi are not quite in the same league. Rooney is a world class player but he is not as good as Messi, in fact at this moment in time nobody is better that messi, not even EGOnaldo :biggrin:

Just like to say that in my view the best player ever is Maradona - the guy was just sensational - What Maradona did as a player will be maybe too hard to beat.... he won the world cup with a team that was not there with the best, also with Napoli, a club that had never won anything, he won everything that was there to be won. Messi has the advantage of playing with some fantastic players in Barcelona.... and that is a huge advantage.

I agree about Maradonna, who was also treated appallingly by most opponents (I think refs now are much more sensitive to bad tackles than they were when Maradonna was often just kicked off the park, especially in Spain.)

Messi needs to prove himself over a longer period (after all Ronaldo was supposedly the best player in the world just last year). He also needs to produce a World Cup winning performance like Maradonna did in 1986.

His perfromance in that world cup was sensational and Messi is no-where near that level yet.

It will be interesting to watch Argentina in the World Cup this year, where Messi will be playing with lesser players than he does at Barca. I have a feeling they won't do that well....

Manonabike

Über Member
mangaman said:
I agree about Maradonna, who was also treated appallingly by most opponents (I think refs now are much more sensitive to bad tackles than they were when Maradonna was often just kicked off the park, especially in Spain.)

Messi needs to prove himself over a longer period (after all Ronaldo was supposedly the best player in the world just last year). He also needs to produce a World Cup winning performance like Maradonna did in 1986.

His perfromance in that world cup was sensational and Messi is no-where near that level yet.

It will be interesting to watch Argentina in the World Cup this year, where Messi will be playing with lesser players than he does at Barca. I have a feeling they won't do that well....

I also think Argentina will not do very well either but the funny thing is that this time the weakness is Maradona :biggrin:.... he really is out of his depth attempting to manage Argentina.

Brazil will not do great either, in their case the manager is also not up to the job.

I have a feeling that England is going to do better than in the last two world cups and I fancy Spain winning it.

Top Bottom