Littering scumbags...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

captain nemo1701

Space cadet. Deck 42 Main Engineering.
I joined the Railway Path this morning and had just gone under the first road bridge when I heard a 'whack' from behind. I stopped and looked back, expecting to see if something from my bag had fallen out.

Nope...there was a partly full can of monster energy drink fizzing a way in the middle of the path.

Some idiot had thrown it over the bridge wall, possibly a car/van passenger, and it landed in the path. A few seconds earlier, it may have hit me on the head.

A work colleague says I should report it but it'll probably get buried under a mountain of other things the cops have to do.

gaijintendo

Veteran
I suspect reporting it would be tantamount to wasting police time. But a carefully worded letter to your local paper... I can see it now...

LOCAL MAN ANGRY

And a picture of you holding a can of Red Thunder, with the look of pure and utter am-dram distain.

This is classic material. They love it.

They really need help filling the pages.

In fact, send them the photo and save them a trip out.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Oh. I had assumed it was non-malicious.
112 if you think someone had it in for you.
101, surely? Doesn't seem like an immediate emergency unless you think they're going to turn up at his work with a weapon.

Report it. Online form if A&S still have it. It's probably nothing but there might be a spate of them or a pattern and I think the police quite like apprehending criminals attempting violence against people before they succeed in injuring anyone.

numbnuts

Legendary Member
I joined the Railway Path this morning and had just gone under the first road bridge when I heard a 'whack' from behind. I stopped and looked back, expecting to see if something from my bag had fallen out.

Nope...there was a partly full can of monster energy drink fizzing a way in the middle of the path.

Some idiot had thrown it over the bridge wall, possibly a car/van passenger, and it landed in the path. A few seconds earlier, it may have hit me on the head.

A work colleague says I should report it but it'll probably get buried under a mountain of other things the cops have to do
Helmet :whistle:

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia

A work colleague says I should report it but it'll probably get buried under a mountain of other things the cops have to do.

I'd not bother reporting this, there's probably zero chance of anything coming of it. Morons being morons.

gaijintendo

Veteran
101, surely? Doesn't seem like an immediate emergency unless you think they're going to turn up at his work with a weapon.

Report it. Online form if A&S still have it. It's probably nothing but there might be a spate of them or a pattern and I think the police quite like apprehending criminals attempting violence against people before they succeed in injuring anyone.
Ah. 101. Oops. Probably called the wrong one last time...

Ah. 101. Oops. Probably called the wrong one last time...
Yup. 112 is the international mobile phone equivalent of 999.

classic33

Leg End Member
Yup. 112 is the international mobile phone equivalent of 999.
Used on landlines.

One of the few numbers that can be dialled from a mobile handset with no SIM card or signal.

Also the same emergency number in many countries. Save you having to remember different ones.

Last edited:
OP
OP
captain nemo1701

captain nemo1701

Everyone - I do always wear a helmet and I'm a bit angry since if it hit me, I may well have had a spill and been injured.

The can was about two thirds full and as I didn't see anyone, I can't tell if it was thrown at me deliberately. Further down the path I once noted an old CRT monitor that got chucked off a footbridge.

I assume that some moron casually threw it over the wall, either on foot or maybe a passenger.

OP
OP
captain nemo1701

captain nemo1701

I suspect reporting it would be tantamount to wasting police time. But a carefully worded letter to your local paper... I can see it now...

LOCAL MAN ANGRY

And a picture of you holding a can of Red Thunder, with the look of pure and utter am-dram distain.

This is classic material. They love it.

They really need help filling the pages.

In fact, send them the photo and save them a trip out.

No, they're only interested in motorists who get fined for driving in bus lanes and claiming they didn't see several signs as well as BUS LANE in 6ft high letters on
red asphalt. Local cyclist nearly hit by drinks can ain't going to interest them.

Last edited:
Top Bottom