Little nipples

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MarkF

Guru
The muguard spokes that come through the guards themselves....where can I get those little black rubber nipples that cover the sharp tips?xx(

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
LBS spares box, bound to have them.

betty swollocks

large member
A much neater job is to cut the mudguard stays very accurately and attach them on the inside of the mudguard attachment thingy, like this:-

33bmg74.jpg

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
betty swollocks said:
A much neater job is to cut the mudguard stays very accurately and attach them on the inside of the mudguard attachment thingy, like this:-[/IMG]
(Clutches handbag and purses lips a la Les Dawson) ... ooh, get her and her fancy ways.... :biggrin::biggrin:

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
betty swollocks said:
A much neater job is to cut the mudguard stays very accurately and attach them on the inside of the mudguard attachment thingy, like this

V. neat indeed. I always have a vague feeling that I may need the extra bit for adjustment/fettling in the future (under what circumstances, I readily admit to having no idea), so I've always just capped mine, personally.

betty swollocks

large member
Graham: some old cable cutters and a bit of brute strength does the trick. The ends fly off like shrapnel though, so be careful!

Tynan

Veteran
I'd want the spare, the mudguards getting bent, different tyre

what's on the inside of the fitting? oh so close to the tyre?

betty swollocks

large member
Here it is from another angle.
The little bolt that goes through has a hole on the inside which the stay slots into. The little bolt can then be screwed tight, thereby securing the stay.
As can be seen, I hope, there's plenty of tyre clearance.

2ecoxhf.jpg

I think that bit of crap on the mudguard, which I've just noticed, is a piece of dried slug...or something

Top Bottom