Liverpool bomb incident - Balls-of-steel or lucky cab driver- who knows

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Chislenko

Veteran
Like your statement?
"No doubt some looney lawyer is already preparing a law suit on behalf of the deseased terrorist's family against the cab driver, which of course will be on Legal Aid."

I will shed no tears over the death of the perpetrator, and pleased we have a country of comparative freedom and application of law to defend even those we understandbly and vehemently disagree with.

In the spirit of the OP Kudos for the driver

So from your response I can only presume you are supportive of lawyers who defend people who have murdered British citizens for no reason.

It's beyond me.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
So from your response I can only presume you are supportive of lawyers who defend people who have murdered British citizens for no reason.

It's beyond me.
Yep, that’s the only conclusion you could possibly reach.

DaveReading

Don't suffer fools gladly (must try harder!)
So from your response I can only presume you are supportive of lawyers who defend people who have murdered British citizens for no reason

If you don't like living in a country where everyone is entitled to legal representation and a fair trial, I can think of several other nations where you might feel more at home.

Chislenko

Veteran
If you don't like living in a country where everyone is entitled to legal representation and a fair trial, I can think of several other nations where you might feel more at home.

So in your opinion a member of our society who wants to commit multiple murders of British citizens is someone who deserves our support?

You have been brainwashed mate.

OP
OP
T4tomo

T4tomo

Legendary Member
I'm erring back to Lucky now. Either it was a crap bomb or it didn't go off properly, a lot of flash and incendiary, but not a lot of proper power and potentially the seats & relative positions may have protected the driver from the worst of it.

Clearly the early statement from the mayor that he got out and locked the bomber in was a load of cobblers. We may never know fully what happened and I guess we wont know much more before the inquest.

Anyway very very pleased he walked away, and hopefully he isn't too troubled by the experience going forward. Whatever the bomber had planned, I'm glad he didn't take anyone else with him.

I get somewhat concerned in the wake of something like this that about 7 "funding" pages get set up. Some no doubt well meaning and will be directed to the right lace, but I'm sure some are chancers trying to make a buck off the back of public sympathy.

PK99

Legendary Member
Somebody dying is never a good result or a thing to be celebrated.

on this occasion, I beg to differ.

He failed in his intention to kill others and died in the process. That is a good result.

winjim

Smash the cistern
on this occasion, I beg to differ.

He failed in his intention to kill others and died in the process. That is a good result.
You think it's good that somebody tried to kill others?

It'a not a good result. It's a less bad result than it could have been. It's still bad. And the result is not the only thing we should be looking at but rather the sequence of events and the culture which led to that result. Which seems more bad than good to me.

presta

Guru
I see the media are all stoking the prejudice against the mentally ill again by pointing to his mental health record. Subtext: Mental illness? Oh well, there you go, that explains everything then.

It's beyond me.
So from your response I can only presume you are supportive of trial by media and public opinion.
Christopher Jefferies: Drama will highlight 'dangerous' press - BBC News
He can't see when he's begging the question, can he. :whistle:

Another hot button that has a certain element of the population blowing a fuse is the right to remain silent: "what has he got to hide if he's innocent". Here's a lecture from a law professor describing how innocent people convict themselves by opening their trap and giving the police honest innocent information, followed by a lecture from a police interrogator describing all the ways they use to coerce people into doing just that. It's all good fun unless you're the one who's been arrested.
Don't Talk to the Police - YouTube

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom