Liverpool bomb incident - Balls-of-steel or lucky cab driver- who knows

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

T4tomo

Legendary Member
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-merseyside-59291095

I mean not lucky to have picked up a fare from what appears to be a terrorist, but luckily to have got out relatively unscathed

First reports were saying he got out before it exploded, but clearly he didn't from the video recently posted on BBN news. How the hell did get out of that? Blummin frightening.

Last edited:

Bonefish Blues

Banging donk
Christ that's chilling.

FRom something I heard an explosives expert say, the bomb as it went off at least (it may well have been supposed to do something else) wasn't all that strong/much of an explosion - more of an incendiary device.

There was something I heard about the driver locking the doors but I didn't entirely understand and the reports didn't go into much detail.

Whatever, Mr Taxi driver, (he has been named) - take a bow.

OP
OP
T4tomo

T4tomo

Legendary Member
Yes, I understand he locked him in the cab - but may have locked himself in, too (unless cabs can lock only the rear doors?)
Passenger would be in the rear (passenger side looking at explosion and convention as front passenger seats tend to be pulled forward in mini cabs) so standard "lock interior doors" button would work, which is over-ridden when you open drivers door.

the text in the BBC article gets updated as they find out more information and pretty sure more inf will come out, although I'm sure police / Intelligence services will want to limit what comes out

HMS_Dave

Grand Old Lady
Undoubtedly saved lives in what must have been an unimaginably frightening moment...

An absolute Legend...

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
JTAC has just raised the national terrorism threat level for the UK to severe.
"This means that a terrorist attack is highly likely."

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
It wasn’t exactly a powerful IRA style bomb. Did he pack loads of toy gun caps into a pen top with a fuse? Hardly a distressing video. Still very brave of cab driver.
It looks pretty powerful to me. But clearly not like the Manchester or London bombs which were carried in the back of lorries.
I wouldn’t want to be sitting in the driver’s seat, he’s a lucky lad.
And it is a distressing video because someone died.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom