Liverpool-Chester-Liverpool bike ride 2010

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
timmcp

timmcp

Thought I would be an early starter for this forthcoming event :biggrin:

Its on Sunday 4th July 2010, link below for online registration

http://www.pennineevents.co.uk/EntryPages/LiverpoolChesterBikeRide2010.html

Think I may go for the Liverpool-Chester-Liverpool round trip, should be fun!

PaulB

Legendary Member
It's absolutely fabulous to be able to ride through both tunnels on this event. Additionally, if anyone lives anywhere with hills, you will love the total flatness of this event!

Femto

cisamcgu said:
Are there any route maps, and how do you get back to Liverpool from Chester ?

Andrew

Looks to me, after having a skeg at the event page on www.pennineevents.co.uk that there are four different options to choose between.

Options:

• 85mile sportive through to Delamere Forest
  • 54mile round trip to Chester and back
  • 25mile ride to Chester
  • 20mile Wirral Circular
So, with some of the options, you'd be cycling back. Otherwise, maybe a train journey, or perhaps someone with a car wearing a bike rack could be persuaded to come meet you at the other end.

As for route maps, the PDF entry form states the following: "Full route details will be sent to you on receipt of your entry and can also be viewed on our website."

I hope that helps! :evil:

dodgy

I did the so called sportive last year, it was marketed as a 90 mile ride, but I and others measured it at 84 miles (including all the miles underground). Looks like they had a reality check this year on the mileage, the 54 mile route has always come in at more like 50 to me, too.

Beware of the tunnel section at the start, you're straight into it from the start line and there'll be loads of novice riders (you might need ear plugs for all the mashing of gears and squeaky chains ;) ) who don't ride with any predictability.

The Sportive route takes in just 2 hills of note, and both in Delamere area. The first is up Primrose Lane into Alvanley, not exactly an Hors category, but it will split most groups up. The second comes very quickly after.

But yes, mostly a flat ride and very enjoyable, too. I won't be riding as they've changed the date and I'll be in the Alps watching the Tour :biggrin:

£Josh D

i have been looking for this event everywhere, can you get sponsored by relatives and friend to do it and give the money into the event to donate to charity, if so how do i go about this e.g. getting a sponorship form??

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Josh, you can set up your own sponsorship page here. A lot of people use this site now. It means that you can choose your charity and your sponsors can pay direct to your charity, whilst you can see who has sponsored you and by how much.

Top Bottom