Liverpool vs Real Madrid | UEFA Champions League Final 2021-22 | Live stream - What's the catch ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Hornchurch

'

Being honest I shoulda opened-up this thread some days (weeks?) ago, to ask

Now the jaded-cycnic in me fears I've got to sign-up for some rubbish or other, in order to be able to see it, "Free" - Right ? or is there a catch ?

The wretched corporation known as 'B.T' (British Telecom) were awful around 2012-2016 with their landline phone AND internet, for me.
(I ditched 'em)

Couldn't help but notice tho' , that they're shouting the odds about being able to watch 28th May's Liverpook vs Real Madrid match, free of charge.

https://www.broadbandtvnews.com/202...ake-uefa-champions-league-final-free-to-view/

View: https://youtu.be/UvsU48M4dpY

I wouldn't trust B.T "as far as I could throw 'em" (bad-experiences, in the past)

However, am just wondering "if" I/we will have to give 'B.T' details or consent to send stuff, in order to actually view it ?

You Tube 'Live Stream' would be my preferred choice, assuming there's no catch involved.

Last edited:

PaulSB

Legendary Member
Worse case scenario you'll need to subscribe to the BT YouTube channel. I won't be bothering though.

vickster

Legendary Member
Get a throwaway email address to sign up?

Otherwise, there’s bound to be a non BT stream coming from somewhere in the world if you’re happy with commentary in Estonian or similar ;)

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!

Otherwise, there’s bound to be a non BT stream coming from somewhere in the world if you’re happy with commentary in Estonian or similar ;)

Loads of English language ones too - Ireland, USA, South Africa and other areas outside of BT's licence agreement.

If you have Virgin and get BT Sport through that then you can use VirginGo to watch it

I thought it was only via Apps but apparently there is a website that you can use

of course you need to sign in to your Virgin Media account first

OP
OP
H

Hornchurch

If you have Virgin and get BT Sport through that then you can use VirginGo to watch it

I thought it was only via Apps but apparently there is a website that you can use

of course you need to sign in to your Virgin Media account first

Cheers for that anyways

Have never used Virgin, at all, for anything - Nothing against them, just that it's never happened.

Tell a lie (just remembered)

I did use Virgin's Record Shops back when I lived in Essex & used to visit 'Lakeside Centre' nightly**

** (My R.M truck depot was based at the nearby Lakeside Retail-Park, so I didn't have much choice really)

OP
OP
H

Hornchurch

Worse case scenario you'll need to subscribe to the BT YouTube channel. I won't be bothering though.

Worked fine for me last week for the Europa League final. I intend using it again for the Champions League game.

Well, Vicks, et-al

Am now using the same 'You Tube' link AND it seems to be working, no-catch - ("so far", laughs the jaded cynic in me !)

They have Rio Ferdinand, Peter Crouch AND (of course), Steven Gerrard on the analysis panel.

Nice to see that it's "razor-sharp", same as I hope that 'The Reds' will be tonight.

I've always admired Liverpool FC ever since I was a li'l kid - Bought them 'in Subbuteo' back in the early-mid-1970's

My fave player (back then) was Steve Highway - such an exciting player (& 'winger'), to watch, for me as a kid.

Laughably, I wanna relate this small-tale, which took place back in 1977 - walking back home from my mate's house, then....

Bumped into my Dad (in the driveway) & asked..... "Where ya going Dad ?" He replies.....

I'm going to Highbury, to watch Liverpool vs Arsenal (his fave team) - "Wanna come ?" - (does a bear $hit in the woods ?)

So we're at the clock-end (the old Highbury Stadium, pre-"Emirates")

And (of course), I'm THE ONLY Liverpool-supporter there !!!!!

Lastly ; My teacher during P.E said - "Mate, GET A NEW SHIRT, as your old one is all torn & ripped"

Got home indoors, bumped into my Mum & said, "Teacher has just had a go at me, as my OLD shirt is all ripped/dog-eared"

Reply was ; "Go see your Dad, as I know nothing about Football" - (fair enough) - So, I walk-in & see mah Dad....

In despair, I knew my Dad was ONLY a hardcore fan of Arsenal AND also (by chance), a fan of 'Wolves' - (Wolverhampton Wanderers)

"Dad, Dad, I absolutely NEED a brand-new Football-shirt, as my Teacher at school has had a go at me" - Then he replies....

"Sure Son, I'll buy YOU a brand-new shirt, but only on one condition..... It HAS to be one of the TWO teams that I like"

Angry & in despair, I replied.....

"Well you KNOW where you can shove the Arsenal shirt !!!!" - ( That's how I ended up, with "Umbro Nylon Wolves" )

Last edited:
Top Bottom