Livestrong banned

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
</begin Noodley ignore this bit it's boring>
an extract from : http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/blog/2012/aug/25/lance-armstrong-cycling-richard-williams
Eventually, however, it became impossible to escape the feeling that Armstrong was exploiting his standing as a fundraiser and hope-bringer to armour himself against the increasingly persistent attacks from those who questioned the validity of the achievements which had created the platform for his life as a public figure. His annexation of the colour yellow – the colour of the Tour leader's jersey – for his Livestrong charity seemed presumptuous: the colour belonged to the Tour, not to him. The teams of Livestrong workers who preceded the race's arrival by stencilling kilometres of road with the charity's logo and inspirational messages turned a traditional gesture of spontaneous enthusiasm into something rather chilling in its premeditation, however noble the cause.
</end Noodley ignore this bit it's boring>

Do you think he knows Le Tour nicked the colour from L'Auto?

Do you think he knows Le Tour nicked the colour from L'Auto?

'nicked' is not the word I would have used....

Interesting piece in the Sunday Times today by David Walsh claiming that despite withdrawing from the process and receiving the consequent penalty he was innocent. David Walsh that is, not Lance Armstrong. I think the irony may have slipped him by. ;)

OP
OP
rich p

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Now we know that you have a fixation that everything evil in the world from the apple in the Garden of Eden onwards is the direct responsibility of Armstrong, but even by your standards that is Bizarre!

We were discussing health screening and the lack of awareness in the UK.

The problems are manifold from ingrained "you don't bother the Doctor" to the British "stiff upper lip" where you accept "changes" as you enter old age.
As ever, no offence Cunobelin, but this is a perfect example of a post that you should have run by me before posting. I could have tidied it up, corrected the grammar and spelling, and tried to make it sound as if you had something useful to say.
I agree that the last bit might have proved beyond me.

You'll have to change your name to black'n'another colour, Le tour owns "yellow" or certainly owned it. Use of the past tense makes me think that they might have sold it, possibly to Norwich City FC.

not sure which bit of my post you were repying to - or did you quote the wrong one..?

As ever, no offence Cunobelin, but this is a perfect example of a post that you should have run by me before posting. I could have tidied it up, corrected the grammar and spelling, and tried to make it sound as if you had something useful to say.
I agree that the last bit might have proved beyond me.

Translated that means I tried to alter a reasonable post into an ant-Armstrong one to fit my agenda, I mucked it up and now wish I could edit it so I did not look like a fixated bigot?

The problems are manifold from ingrained "you don't bother the Doctor" to the British "stiff upper lip" where you accept "changes" as you enter old age.

This may be beyond you, but instead of trying to twist / edit to suit your agenda , you could have actually opened your mind and looked at the reasons the UK has such a poor record on early cancer diagnosis.... this is what was in fact being discussed

OP
OP
rich p

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Translated that means I tried to alter a reasonable post into an ant-Armstrong one to fit my agenda, I mucked it up and now wish I could edit it so I did not look like a fixated bigot.
ant-Armstrong? Worm, surely?
I never called you a fixated bigot but if the casquette fits.......:thumbsup:
This may be beyond you, but instead of trying to twist / edit to suit your agenda , you could have actually opened your mind and looked at the reasons the UK has such a poor record on early cancer diagnosis.... this is what was in fact being discussed
I'm not sure a thread about a terrible pun is the place for a serious discussion about cancer screening but feel free to hijack the thread anyway!
p.s. If you're hoping that St Lance of Austin will solve the lack of early diagnosis of cancer then I wish you all the best. Personally I think the money would be best directed to more efficacious methods.

2005760 said:
Do breast and cervical screening programs not work?
Only to a certain extent, attendance on the well established and high profile breast screening programme has rocketed over the lasy ten years, but is still only a 75% uptake.

Basically good marks, but could do better

PS explanation for RichP....this is a specific answer (as before) to a specific question asked in another post.I have even quoted the original to help you understand

I'm not sure a thread about a terrible pun is the place for a serious discussion about cancer screening but feel free to hijack the thread anyway!

Because someone dared to ask a question on a website, the question was raised :

I've always wondered that myself.....how it would be possible to raise 'awareness' of something which is already the world's most deadly disease..??

Do you really think that black'n'yellow was wrong in asking that question?
Was informed answering that was unreasonable?

These things happen.........

p.s. If you're hoping that St Lance of Austin will solve the lack of early diagnosis of cancer then I wish you all the best. Personally I think the money would be best directed to more efficacious methods.

Entirely your own wet dream.... you are the one with the fixation.

You re the only one who has stooped so low and tried to make cheap and petty point scoring over the serious awareness and screening subject to suit their bigoted agenda

Banned, band - geddit?:hello:

Really, no-one one have realised that!
How kind of you to explain.

Wet dreams! Fixation!

Now with absolutely coherent rants like these:

Did the yellow band money go to Livestrong's for-profit arm or the other bit?

So Armstrong's selfless promotion hasn't worked then, while he's been filling his pockets?

Yeah, we get it. You're an unthinking fanboy and it doesn't matter that his empire is built on a foundation of lies, cheating and manipulation and his sponsors are willing to jump on the gravy train to maximise their profits but can you point out the bit that we should admire in all this?

It would certainly seem that your self diagnosis is absolutely slap bang on.... please heed your own advice!

Seek help quickly!
Good lord man!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom