Living in the past

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

subaqua

What’s the point
They hurt my feet,I cant wear them.

Bigger size ?
or a shoe stretcher with the little bumps you can move.
$_58.JPG

Low Gear Guy

Veteran
This is just like the phone in this house when we moved in,in 1991.
View attachment 343292
The same colour as well. When the BT bloke came to replace it i asked if i could keep it so i could reminisce in future years. He said no and took it away,saying they had to be accounted for then destroyed. Miserable git!:thumbsdown:

Luckily I got to keep mine in iconic Post Office grey. The previous flat owner had attached a modern telephone plug to it.

marknotgeorge

Hol den Vorschlaghammer!
I remember one year, me Dad had the sills welded on his Victor, just before we went on holiday. He came home with the rear lights not working. Some numpty had not moved the wiring loom and the insulation had all melted together. We had to separate it all and wrap it in insulting tape before we could go to the seaside.

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
Do any of you prefer to live in the past?

No, definitely not. I try very hard to live in the moment. For a good chunk of my life I lived in the future ie always thinking of what will be and forgetting about the 'now' that I was living in. It was probably an escapism thing as I worked under a lot of pressure for a good number of years.

midlife

Guru
I remember one year, me Dad had the sills welded on his Victor, just before we went on holiday. He came home with the rear lights not working. Some numpty had not moved the wiring loom and the insulation had all melted together. We had to separate it all and wrap it in insulting tape before we could go to the seaside.

My dad had a Velox :smile:

Shaun

classic33

Leg End Member
Accounted for in his pocket, and destroyed on his eBay account...
Local exchange has just thrown over 100, boxed, into a skip. Then filing cabinets on top, to stop any coming out again.

classic33

Leg End Member
I nearly died in a Velox. Late night, country roads, very fast, sudden right angle corner. The lights were like candles and it had all the zippy agility of an ocean liner. Oh, the tyres were nearly bald too. Then again, what can you expect for NZ$150?
Each or for for the set?

Top Bottom