Living in the past

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Do any of you prefer to live in the past? I've been doing this for quite a while now, I like to wear what some would call retro style clothes.. Ron Hill Tracksters,wool cycling jerseys, old style trainers,Fred Perry polo shirts etc. I'm thinking of getting some old style cycling posters like this.
noel-fontanet-championnat-du-monde-de-cross-cyclo-pedestre.jpg

for the walls. I'd like to reclaim the 1950's radiogram which was my grandparent's then my mother's,before my brother claimed it and took it miles away:thumbsdown:. I bet he's sold it even though in money terms it'd only fetch about 50 quid. I even turn the colour down sometimes on the telly so i can watch in black and white. Also i prefer carbolic soap and Izal toilet paper. Is it just me or do any of you lot like to live in the past,if not all the time?:smile:

Can you go back in time and delete your duplicate post?

:smile:

We are products of our time. As we get older this becomes more apparent. I'm a product of the 60's/70's, there's a certain type of humour, a kind of Carry on/Bless This House humour which appeals to me. Children have helped me keep up with modernity but I recognise that once their influence is more distant, I will become a dinosaur, not only will I become one but I will enjoy being one, a slightly curmudgeonly dinosaur: It's all planned out.

U

User32269

I live in Liverpool, it's the 1960's every day!
As I've got older, my cycling preferences have changed. As a young man I would beg, borrow and steal to have the latest bit of kit. Now, I remove brifters and put the original downtube shifters back and bore everyone rigid talking about simplicity and ease of maintenance. I accept that I'm an old fart, and celebrate it.

There is no way I'm going back to hard San Izal toilet paper............

Shaun

Clean toilet paper is the answer. ;)

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
One thing i don't miss. Those acrylic flared trousers and tight fit,big collared shirts they made us wear for school. The static and itchyness(no fabric conditioner in those days) was horrendous!:ohmy: Anyone remember jeans being washed and ending up like cardboard because there was no fabric conditioner?

Top Bottom