Living in the past

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

keithmac

Guru
I often have an hour or two on YouTube listening to early 90's (dance) music and reminisce about no mortgage and hitting 18, nights out on the town etc.

I see one of my best mates from school every month or so and when we get back together for a drink and a chat we have Absolute Radio 90's on in the background.

I loved growing up and would love to go back for a day but wouldn't change my wife and kids for the world.

Person who likes to live in the past talks about it via the internet.
Probably just a hipster. Pretend you don't notice.

D

Deleted member 26715

I often have an hour or two on YouTube listening to early 90's (dance) music and reminisce about no mortgage and hitting 18, nights out on the town etc.
Early 90's that's not in the past when I was a lad we didn't have radio we had to make our own music by squeezing the cat, mind you much the same sound as early 90's dance music

stephec

Legendary Member
We are products of our time. As we get older this becomes more apparent. I'm a product of the 60's/70's, there's a certain type of humour, a kind of Carry on/Bless This House humour which appeals to me. Children have helped me keep up with modernity but I recognise that once their influence is more distant, I will become a dinosaur, not only will I become one but I will enjoy being one, a slightly curmudgeonly dinosaur: It's all planned out.
Holy shoot, it's like looking in the mirror reading this.

stephec

Legendary Member
:laugh: i'm not biting stephec.
Good, the teeth marks haven't gone from last time. :biggrin:

D

Deleted member 26715

Ahh the 1970's, when 5 gears was a boast, shoes came with a hidden compass and animal track tread patterns, black forest gateaux was exotic, dog shite was white and cars had proper shapes.
You sure that was the 70's sounds more 60's to me

Dave 123

Legendary Member
IMG_1512.JPG

^^^ these shoes are the pinnacle in style.

Last edited:
Top Bottom