Living in the past

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
The only way is forward: in the past I would not have been allowed cycling, certainly not wasting time on CC: knitting, cooking and child bearing would have been my lot.
Also, it would have been necessary to be very skinny to be found pretty, even if it was allowed to cycle, no cake at the stop!

Do any of you prefer to live in the past? I've been doing this for quite a while now, I like to wear what some would call retro style clothes.. Ron Hill Tracksters,wool cycling jerseys, old style trainers,Fred Perry polo shirts etc. I'm thinking of getting some old style cycling posters like this.
View attachment 343119
for the walls. I'd like to reclaim the 1950's radiogram which was my grandparent's then my mother's,before my brother claimed it and took it miles away:thumbsdown:. I bet he's sold it even though in money terms it'd only fetch about 50 quid. I even turn the colour down sometimes on the telly so i can watch in black and white. Also i prefer carbolic soap and Izal toilet paper. Is it just me or do any of you lot like to live in the past,if not all the time?:smile:
LMFAO....Acc i almost choked to death on a cake when i read the 'Izal' bit.
We are total opposites, i like to wear tin foil space suits and communicate via corded telephone.

GM

Legendary Member
Remember when they had snooker on the telly in the black and white days? If i remember,the audience and the ref' were blacked out,so all you could see were the players and the table. The commentator had to explain which colour the balls were.

A famous Whispering Ted Lowe quote, For those of you who are watching in black and white, the pink is next to the green.

stephec

Legendary Member
The only way is forward: in the past I would not have been allowed cycling, certainly not wasting time on CC: knitting, cooking and child bearing would have been my lot.
Also, it would have been necessary to be very skinny to be found pretty, even if it was allowed to cycle, no cake at the stop!
Aren't you forgetting hoovering, washing, and cleaning as well? :biggrin:

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
A famous Whispering Ted Lowe quote, For those of you who are watching in black and white, the pink is next to the green.
And the yellow is behind the black or the blue is next to the brown, etc etc.

A myth, along side the one about three other Beatles (At various times) claiming that Ringo wasn't even the best drummer in the band.

midlife

Guru
I also miss soap on a rope :smile:

il_fullxfull.334195909.jpg

Shaun

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Aren't you forgetting hoovering, washing, and cleaning as well? :biggrin:
The "past" had no hoovers: scrubbing the floors on your knees was what you did, no mops either: I'm actually not kidding, that's how I uses to clean floors in my youth.
Not in the UK, better precise this :laugh:

Top Bottom