Living with someone from another culture

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Biker man

My first wife was Greek. Couldn't stand the cuisine, but made an effort to learn some of the language.

Mrs D Mk2 is fairly normal Anglo saxon, and Im a Kent born Scotsman, of hungarian-Jewish and Breton-Cornish heritage, so theres a lot of culture to choose from.
My advice would be marry a orphan .

OP
OP
All uphill

All uphill

Still rolling along
I think it' human nature to strive for a comfortable equilibrium but then desire an upset. once achieving the upset, we strive for the equilibrium again. a vicious cycle of our human nature
I think it was Jung who said healthy adults like a safe home, and then to go out on ( slightly) scary adventures.

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
I think it was Jung who said healthy adults like a safe home, and then to go out on ( slightly) scary adventures.

That pretty much sums me up, I love a slightly scary adventure.

But it's also nice to have a secure and comfortable base to go back to, a purpose in life, and of course a place to store various bits of 'adventure kit'

It's the best of both worlds imo..

I've come across a few of these 'rolling stone' 'wherever I lay my hat' sorts as well though.

They often seem either to be running away from something - or someone -
running away from themselves, even.?? :rolleyes:

Or else imagining that 'happiness' will be just over the next horizon...
Or to be found in the next relationship, rather than within.

At the same time I'm quite happy to acknowledge that some perfectly well adjusted folks do just genuinely feel the need to travel almost the whole time, and that suits them just fine, too :smile:

Top Bottom