Llandegla visit - Saturday 5th Aug.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
I like Skol

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
Got there, got wet, got round. Weather was atrocious in places with thunder and hailstones.
Yep, we also got wet when the rain came but it didn't last and on the whole it was mostly dry and bright. I must admit it was quite unnerving hearing the peals of thunder rolling around the hills when we were near the top.

Before....
upload_2017-8-5_22-28-8.png

Youngest son with face colour almost matching his bright top on the first long drag (but he was well ahead of his older brother and older brother's mate!)
upload_2017-8-5_22-29-47.png

A fairytale toadstool for a fairytale ride?
upload_2017-8-5_22-30-42.png

Back at the cafe for drinks, grub and obviously some cake too......
upload_2017-8-5_22-31-46.png

Shortly after the end of ride cafe stop we adjourned to the practice track. This was a mistake because baby Skol went A over T when trying to roll down the last big steps into the car park. He is now sporting a bruised and lumpy left arm, which despite his immediate tearful claims when asked was he alright that nothing was broken, I am beginning to wonder, and may end up in A&E in the morning if we are still unsure! :sad:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Classic Cinder cone there !

Hope Mini Skoll is OK.

OP
OP
I like Skol

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
Classic Cinder cone there !
We bumped into a couple of guys who claimed to be retro riders on some very late 90s bikes including a 98 Kona and a similar vintage FS (same as what @Hacienda71 has but can't remember off the top of my head). They were suitably impressed when I showed them my 94 Zaskar and the 95 Cindercone :becool:
Also got the usual 'Wow! Is that a Zaskar' when we rolled in to practice park.... Sometimes being old skool just rocks!

Last edited:
OP
OP
I like Skol

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
Getting the first crash in early ! ^_^
Back to front if you ask me. Jnr saved his big crash for the last 20mtrs :laugh:

We did end up at A&E the next morning (Well, Mrs Skol did, I was 'busy' :whistle:) and they did confirm the boy's initial diagnosis that nothing was broken. It was just the size of the bump a few inches from his wrist that made his arm look bent and broken! He had some lovely injuries, both arms, one leg and several bruises up his back from hip to shoulders. He did a 'proper' job, helmet was untouched........

Kestevan

Last of the Summer Winos
It wasn't my fault.........

If ind in this situation "It's always your fault"

Top Bottom