Lo pro's and funny bike's

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
As much as I love Mr Quinns machines, I think I would need a spine transplant from a 14 year old gymnast to even get into anything approaching riding position on that beast.
Would hang it up and look at it lots though!

Thoroughly agree there but probably not enough in the Piggy Bank and not mucho Overtime Lately.....Always when you're Skint haha
Fortunately.

U

User32269

Thoroughly agree there but probably not enough in the Piggy Bank and not mucho Overtime Lately.....Always when you're Skint haha
Fortunately.
My wife is never that pleased to see my latest 2 wheeled marriage strainers. Just trying to picture her reaction if I wheeled this in? That's before she checked the bank account.

Spokesmann

Keeping the Carlton and Sun names alive...
dont be offended @Spokesmann if it had a Carlton badge ?

well i have the room but bot sure if finances will stretch that much

A bike has to be practical for everyday use... Carlton badge or not, these things are for closed tracks and circuits, just don't see the point of having one. Then there's the way they look... horrible!

dan_bo

How much does it cost to Oldham?
I had one man years ago. 700c rear disc (solid), 650c front tri-spoke, almost no steerer tube. Used to feel like you were about to go over the bars and killed my back on a 50TT but great fun on 10/25 TTs. I was running 44/55 chainrings on a 7 speed 11-up block - never again!

View attachment 337511
hahahaha that looks ace.

GuyBoden

Guru
DSC02821_zps2e7fd89b.jpg

screenman

Legendary Member
A bike has to be practical for everyday use... Carlton badge or not, these things are for closed tracks and circuits, just don't see the point of having one. Then there's the way they look... horrible!

You would be suprised that until very recently you would see quite few like the one in the first picture around these parts, and a lot of them certainly being used in club TT's.

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
I had one man years ago. 700c rear disc (solid), 650c front tri-spoke, almost no steerer tube. Used to feel like you were about to go over the bars and killed my back on a 50TT but great fun on 10/25 TTs. I was running 44/55 chainrings on a 7 speed 11-up block - never again!

View attachment 337511

What's going on there? is that one of those bikes with custom hand-drawn tyres?

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
You would be suprised that until very recently you would see quite few like the one in the first picture around these parts, and a lot of them certainly being used in club TT's.

There were a few at my local TT a few years ago, haven't been recently but I suspect some of them have upgraded by now.

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
Typical early nineties TT bike, most of the top riders were on machines like that. They look odd now but it was the early days of aerodynamics in cycling and people were still experimenting with position. As for riding them every day, that's not what they were meant for.

Top Bottom