Lo pro's and funny bike's

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

screenman

Legendary Member
Typical early nineties TT bike, most of the top riders were on machines like that. They look odd now but it was the early days of aerodynamics in cycling and people were still experimenting with position. As for riding them every day, that's not what they were meant for.

I was racing in those days, and well before. The changes in style were shall we say different

woodbutcher

Veteran
Typical early nineties TT bike, most of the top riders were on machines like that. They look odd now but it was the early days of aerodynamics in cycling and people were still experimenting with position. As for riding them every day, that's not what they were meant for.
I think l understand the psychology ....because it looks and feels as though you are going down hill, you should be travelling quickly therefore you must be going fast even if you are not....perfect sense !

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
Position wise they are no different to modern TT bikes, although the curved tubes and sloping top tube make them look so. The aim was the same, to enable the rider to get a flat back. Modern bikes simply use a smaller frame to lower the front.

GuyBoden

Guru
Bob Jackson TT. £300 ebay.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Bob-Jacks...493034?hash=item25cf1bc2ea:g:CuYAAOSwNnRYe6e5
s-l1600.jpg

I wouldn't have known what it was if I hadn't seen this thread - but they're certainly very distinctive. The Salvador Dali of bikes, I guess ;)

Maybe it was the same chap, as there's a Deliveroo place halfway up Pentonville Road.

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
Pinarello Then TT.jpg

They certainly were cool looking bikes.

Top Bottom